Connect to Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) from webMethods Integration Server

1. Introduction

This document is a summary of steps to connect Amazon RDS instance using a JDBC adapter using one way SSL.

2. Pre-Requisites

• Get the latest root certificates from Amazon RDS and create a KeyStore.
  • Copy the KeyStore with AWS root certificates in a directory (e.g. resources folder of your IS package in this article)

3. Create/Enable connection

Login to IS and navigate to Adapters -> webMethods Adapter for JDBC then click on configure new connection.

Select the type as webMethods Adapter for JDBC connection.

Select your package from the dropdown and provide a folder name and connection name.

Provide your Data Source class :

In this case, this article describes Amazon RDS Oracle DB version is 12.1.0.2.0

Prior to this user needs to copy the database libraries, in this article we describe oracle DB so we need to copy ojdbc7.jar to <packageName>\code\jars\static

DataSource class : oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource

Server Name : <amazon RDS server name>

User : <Database user>

Password : <Database password>

Database Name :

Port Number :

Also since it is one way SSL should provide the Network protocol as ‘tcps’.

Other Properties as below.

For e.g.

driverType=thin;requireSSL=true;useSSL=true;verifyServerCertificate=true;trustCertificateKeyStoreUrl=file:<location of the AWS certificate>;
trustCertificateKeyStoreType=JKS;trustCertificateKeyStorePassword=*****

Click on Save Changes and Enable Connection.

4. Deploy to Cloud

Launch the Designer and select the above package and say Deploy to Cloud.

In the next panel select your package and click next.

Select the solution (created in cloud deployment before) to which you want to deploy , in this article we are using Solution 

Once the package deployed to Solution verify the adapter connection in the IS admin adapters page. 

1 Like

Hi Bharath,

I was going through this article for connection but team is getting an error

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource SG900_WDAY_ESP001_JnJJJEDSSFDC_JDBC_v1:JJEDSConnection.

[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.

[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.

Oracle Error ORA-12650

also one question from where we can get latest root certificate

Hi Can you please let me know how do you perform these steps

• Get the latest root certificates from Amazon RDS and create a KeyStore.
  • Copy the KeyStore with AWS root certificates in a directory (e.g. resources folder of your IS package in this article).

I am trying to establish connection to Amazon RDS for postgresql and got stuck here. I have downloaded the .pem file and what steps need to be performed later.