Software AG is proud to announce the release of webMethods 9.6, providing several enhancements that help make the webMethods Suite the easiest Integration and Process Automation platform to configure, manage and use on the market today.
Here are the key highlights of this release:
- Multi-instance Integration Server: The Integration Server now allows you to configure multiple instances within the same installation. This means you can now run multiple instance of the Integration Server without having to install the product multiple times. Each instance can be separately started/stopped and configured, and can have its own set of custom packages.
- Template-based Installations: webMethods Command Central configuration and large-scale installation tasks are simplified and streamlined through the use of templates that can be created from existing installations and applied to new installations.
- B2B Asset Caching: The processing of transactions in webMethods Trading Networks has become faster through the use of asset caching.
- Mobile Data Synchronization: A new feature of webMethods Enterprise Gateway, called webMethods Mobile Support, provides a mobile data synchronization framework for developers to create offline mobile applications that can access distributed data managed by backend ERP applications. Mobile Support provides built-in support for synchronization logic, thereby allowing developers to focus on developing the business logic.
- webMethods BPMS Stage and Milestone Dashboards: webMethods Optimize for Process now provides stage and milestone dashboards which will allow users to set goals and milestones for a process and track these via email alerts for SLA violations and process and stage exceptions.
- Mobile Task Inbox: With the introduction of webMethods Mobile Task Integration, developers can now quickly create applications based on existing business processes and tasks, with minimal code, and build most of their mobile task projects out of the box. Developers can then distribute and monitor their Mobile Task Inbox applications using the webMethods Mobile Administrator push notification API.
- Broker to Universal Messaging Migration Utility: For existing webMethods customers who want to migrate to Universal Messaging usage throughout the suite, this new utility automates the process of moving existing webMethods Broker configuration setting such as brokers, queues, and JNDI settings from webMethods Broker to Universal Messaging.
- Improved webMethods BPMS Process Audit and Monitoring Performance: To improve the throughput of the Process Engine and improve the performance of webMethods Monitor, this release adds caching to the Process Engine audit database, reduces the number of direct hits to the database.
In addition to these, webMethods 9.6 includes many product enhancements across the webMethods suite. For more details, please see the webMethods 9.6 Release Notes.
webMethods Product Management