Software AG’s webMethods products empower you to build solutions on the top-rated hybrid integration platform and integrate cloud-based apps and on-premises systems without coding, simplify with one toolset for on-premises and cloud integrations and use microservices-style architecture to deliver and scale new integrations faster. Integrating existing and new technologies with the IoT and multiple deployment options drives agility and innovation to ensure business growth.
New features in this release include:
- Integration Server enables developers to create a GraphQL schema that describes various types and fields in order to develop APIs that adhere to the GraphQL standard.
- Integration Server provides native support for JSON Schema, allowing a developer to create a JSON document type based on a JSON schema.
- Software AG Designer can be used to publish REST API descriptors (Swagger) to webMethods API Gateway.
- Integration Server offers enhanced support for Swagger 2.0 standard while creating REST APIs.
- Microservices Runtime has a decreased disk size requirement and an improved start up time.
- The new UI in Active Transfer supports UI enhancements for actions, logs and Proxy Server settings.
- Software AG Designer Service Development supports a new view called Deployment Statuswhich shows cloud deployment history with deployment status and logs.
- CloudStreams Server supports the ability to associate one or more authentication schemes supported by SaaS applications or back end systems while creating a connection.
* CloudStreams Server supports the Salesforce® Replay Events mechanism for message durability to retrieve and process lost events sent by Salesforce®, within the supported retention window.
- In API Gateway, import and export support is enhanced to include all assets and configurations as well as staging and promotion support.
- API providers can invoke multiple APIs in parallel as part of one mashup step and aggregate the response that is passed to the next step.
- API Gateway provides a dedicated screen to display groups of registered Microgateways and details about them.
- API gallery page now displays grouping of APIs based on the community they are published to. webMethods Microgateway provides support for Kubernetes with health and readiness checks, and Prometheus metrics.
- webMethods Microgateway now supports API scoping, resource and method level policy enforcement, and provisioning which includes runtime Alias configurations.
- Task Engine now supports the archiving of task instance data in a separate data store.
- Integration of Business Console with co-located Task Engine running on Integration Server has been stabilized.
- The Common Directory Services component in Integration Server can use REST calls to synchronize user cache updates between Integration Server and a single My webMethods Server instance, instead of using Universal Messaging as a JMS provider.
- Software AG Command Central allows for restarting run-time instances only if they require a restart for the updates to be applied.
- Command Central allows you to generate a template for a product instance that is hosted on Platform Manager 10.0 or higher by using a CLI command.
- Universal Messaging sessions using the “horizontal scalability” feature now support automatic (re-)connection to realm servers in the scalability set that are offline/unavailable when the session is created.
- Terracotta BigMemory 4.3.7 offers improvements for Terracotta server start/stop commands to facilitate safer automation of operations.
For further details, please refer to the webMethods 10.4 Release Notes at