webMethods 7.1 DB Configurator issue

Hi there experts ,
I am trying to create my tables on the database for the new 7.1 on my local machine and on my local DB(Oracle 10G)…but i keep getting slapped with this.
Any ever faced with this issue before?
Thanks in advance…

• Executing action
  • Action : create
  • Database : Oracle
  • Component : storage
  • Component version : latest
  • URL : jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1158;SID=ORCLSE
  • User : sys

• create Database Component: Storage STR

• Versions
  • Version: oracle 25 (7.0SP2)
  • Scripts create

•   Script(1): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/storage/25/create/ora_str_c_ddl_tablespaces.sql

•   Script(2): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/storage/25/create/ora_str_c_ddl_user.sql

• Database Connection error: [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.
    CREATE STORAGE [25] FAILED
    CDC ERROR [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.
    Suspending execution…
    CDC Error: java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.

Database component configurator summary

Date : Tue Mar 11 12:37:21 MST 2008
Database : Oracle
User : sys
Action : create

Following components could not be installed:

Storage 25

do you have the f/w switched on your local windows box?

Thanks so much for your response SM
And no , I dont have any kind of firewall , secondly , its all on my local machine(the wM Platform and the DB)

what OS you are using?

windows xp…
Im thinking the culprit is the JDBC URL…
Thoughts?

do a telnet on localhost port 1158 and see if it blocked or not?

double check if the f/w is turned on via the control panel…

SM,
I tweaked the URL a bit ,and now using a different user as an admin to create the TS and Schemas…here is what i got slapped with ( yet again :slight_smile: )

• Executing action
  • Action : create
  • Database : Oracle
  • Component : storage
  • Component version : latest
  • URL : jdbc:wm:oracle:@USPHX06WKC04091.avnet.com:1158;SID=orclse
  • User : wmtest

• create Database Component: Storage STR

• Versions
  • Version: oracle 25 (7.0SP2)
  • Scripts create

•   Script(1): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/storage/25/create/ora_str_c_ddl_tablespaces.sql

•   Script(2): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/storage/25/create/ora_str_c_ddl_user.sql

• Database Connection error: [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver]Missing connection information: no serverName specified.
    CREATE STORAGE [25] FAILED
    CDC ERROR [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver]Missing connection information: no serverName specified.
    Suspending execution…
    CDC Error: java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver]Missing connection information: no serverName specified.

Database component configurator summary

Date : Wed Mar 12 10:12:16 MST 2008
Database : Oracle
User : wmtest
Action : create

Following components could not be installed:

Storage 25

SM,
I was able to telnet to my local machine from a remote machine and all the firewall services are turned off. So no firewall issues there

I got it fixed and running.
The URL was wrong, and the account did not have sufficient privileges.
Thanks for all the helping with the debugging process Saurabh.
-ScoobydoOoOO
:wink:

scoobydoo, great that you got it all sorted out… post the URL that worked for you for reference…

Cheers,
Saurabh

jdbc:wm:oracle://hostname:port;serviceName=
thanks
scoobydoo

jdbc:wm:oracle://:1521;serviceName=<Your Database SID, default value is ORCL>. To get the host name of your PC, open command prompt and type ‘hostname’ and hit enter. Copy the value you see there and paste it above.
Thought, someone else might benefit from my detailed explanation.
HTH,
Hope.

Request you to post the URL, which worked. And i also what permission need to be set for the “user”.

Hi,
me too faced the same issue.
I just replaced the “localhost” with my System’s IP address in the URL and all is set. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Deepak

i am also facing the same issue , kindly do the needful to overcome.