webMethods 10.5 not starting

Good day

I’m new to Software AG programs. I’ve recently installed version 10.5 but my webWethods server is failing to run, the service description has a null at the end and I checked the logs and I get the following error:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [SoftwareAG][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid object name ‘TBLPORTALVERSION’.

Based on the instructions that I followed, I had to set up a DB so I used Ms Sql Server 2019 developer to create the DB needed so I’m not sure what could be the issue. I’d appreciate the assistance.

Hi Xihiwo,

was the database schema for MWS created and initialized by using DB Configurator after creating the database itself?
Please note that the Trial version only supports the CLI version of DB Configurator.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger

No, I didn’t. I wasn’t aware that I need to setup the CLI version. So I should use Database Component Configurator to configure the DB?

Hi Xihiwo,

MWS requires a database for storing i.e. the portlets, the user management data etc.
In some rare cases using the embedded database is sufficient, but in most cases a real supported databases is required.
This is neccessary especially when using Monitor or Taskengine.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger

I’ve been trying to figure out how to use DB Configurator, Monitor or Taskengine as you mentioned but I don’t seem to locate them. Like I said I’m new maybe I’m looking into wrong things as I’m not sure where as exactly to configure the DB. But like you said the embedded database could be sufficient but I didn’t get embedded option for my webMethods server 10.5 when I was installing.

Hi,

the db configurator is available via command line under common/db and its subdirectories.

The graphical db configurator is missing in the trial version and has been re-added later on to the GA version with one of the Fixes for the database scripts.

As I have a requirement for a real database (currently Oracle) for various reasons I did not explore the embedded database feature in detail.

Regards,
Holger

I can see there are multiple scripts present under each component(like IS, MWS). So depending upon which installation we have done, do we need to run each scripts(Table Creation) against the Database which we have installed ?

Hi Kumar,

you should check the Installation Guide for your version.
This should contain a chapter regarding the setup of database schema eventually referencing a separate dedictaed guide.

The DB Component/Product you require is MWS.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi Holger,
Thanks for your response. I have been trying to run DCC to get the required DB component installed on my local for wM 10.5 trial version, but getting attached error while starting it .
Any suggestion around it please ?

Hi Kumar,

DCC is not available as a graphic UI in Trial version 10.5.
This one only supports a CLI variant.

Graphical DCC has been re-added later on to the GA version with one of the fixes.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

I am using cygwin in Windows. The DCC CLI seems to work.
mymachine:/cygdrive/c/SoftwareAG105/common/db/bin $ ./dbConfigurator.bat -a create -d sqlserver -v latest -l “jdbc:wm:sqlserver://localhost\SQLEXPRESS;databaseName=webmdb” -c All -u webmuser -p w3bmpass

Joy…Thanks for the more info updates to this old thread. It helps!

1 Like