WebMethod Upgrade from 10.1 to 10.5

Hello,

Did any one upgraded webmethod to 10.5 from 10.1 though command central/Update manager ? If yes then please share me details steps. I think WebMethod command central is used to apply fix / apply patch. I didn’t find option to upgrade webmethod application.

Regards,
Keshav

Hello,

We are getting ready to start the 10.1 to 10.5 upgrade using command central. which approach did you take and did you run into any major issues during the upgrade?

Thank you

Hi Nathan ,

I have successfully upgraded WebMethod 10.1 to 105 using Migration utility ( and not though command central)
I have not faced any major issue during upgrade.

I have used following approch
Save server, Different Installation Directory , Same port, Different/cloned database.

Regards,
Keshav

Hi Keshav,

Can you please share some details on migration utility ?
We are planning to upgrade from 9.10 to 10.5

Thanks,
Vinod K

Hi Vinod,

Please refer to 10-5_Upgrading_Software_AG_Products.pdf. “Migrate Products Using Migration Utilities” section provides more details on this.

Regards,
-Kalpesh.

2 Likes

Hi Vinad,

Upgrade document is clear enaough if you read it all but just in case you want to play safe, this is how I’ve done it:

1- Install DBConfigurator to new location (If you are performing upgrade on the same machine).
2- Install Update Manager.
3- Install latest fixes for DBConfguratior.
4- Run the latest db scripts. (If you installed the scripts already, perform migrate operation after installing fixes for DBConfguratior).
5- Perform Installation of the new version.
5- Shutdown both old and new instances. Run the migrate utility from the new installation.
6- Migration utility will ask for old version installation directory. (Or you can have an export of the old version as a zip file).
7- Follow the steps guided by migration utility, It will ask couple of questions which you can answer by typing Y or N.
8- If everything goes OK, you should be getting the message below. (Might be different for newer versions.)

Failed migrations
None
Migration successful. Exiting the migration utility.
*** End Integration Server Migration ***

9- Validate the scripts you are using for startup have the new installation directory. I faced couple of problems about that.

Bonus : Make sure the extendend setting about java compiler have the right path for the jvm. watt.server.compile=…\jvm\jvm\bin\javac -classpath {0} -d {1} {2}

If you face any problem, message me.

Cheers
Murat

4 Likes

Hi,

please check if the migration utility supports direct migration from 9.10 to 10.5.
Might be that you will require a technical intermediate migration via 9.12 or 10.1 before you can finally migrate to 10.5.

Regards.
Holger

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.