WebMethod 6.1 Platform supported

Dear all.

I know that 6.1 is already EOL. but we are still on it and it performs very well.

However, recently we are required to migrate to Oracle 10g and it seems WM refuse to work with it. Is WM6.1 support 10g as their internal database?

I believe this is not an adapter issue since we’re using classes12.jar provided by ORACLE.

[FONT=&quot][WKF.000.0029] Running command:  /opt/webMethods6/jvm/hp141/bin/java -classpath baseormgen.jar:orm.jar:sl53_cj33.jar com.wm.zeus.pd.orm.jdbc.gen.base.BaseMappingsGenerator ../etc/mappedBaseClasses /opt/webMethods6/jvm/hp141/bin/javac jdbc:wm:oracle://<IP>:<PORT>;SID=<SID>wmethods com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver baseMappings.jar.[/font]
[FONT=&quot]java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc33-0009][Oracle JDBC Driver]The hexadecimal string is invalid.[/font]

Thx.
Zaiman Noris
Kuala Lumpur.

It’s not, and the error you get is not from JDBC adapter, but from wM DataDirect internal drivers which on 6.1 do not support Oracle 10G.

If you upgrade oracle, upgrade also IS or keep database and IS on compatible versions :stuck_out_tongue:

As i suspected. the internal datadirect is the one incompatible with oracle10g.

thx for replying.