Validating EDI X12 4030 Envelopes

Hi Folks,

I am trying to generate a 997 for an inbound 850 document. I am using the ‘wm.b2b.edi.util:generateFA’ service which calls the ‘pub.schema:validate’ service which validates the message against the ‘wm.b2b.edi.rec:X12env’ template and schema. Still with me?

The partner’s spec states that they are using a colon ‘:’ for ISA11 and the value ‘00403’ for ISA12. The problem is that the ‘X12env’ template and schema do not have these values. I’m assuming they are new with the 4030 version.

Does anyone know how to update the values in these lists so the message is validated?

Thanks,
Devan

I haven’t checked, but is there a new EDI package available for download from wM? If so, perhaps it has support for 00403. The colon as the interchange standards ID (ISA11) sounds funky but…

This will be risky, as you’ll be modifying a webMethods package, but you can do this by editing the schema for the X12 envelope.

wm.b2b.edi.rec:schema_X12env contains the constraints for wm.b2b.edi.rec:X12env. TypeXI10 is the enumeration list for ISA11 and TypeXI11 is the list for ISA12. Add the values to the lists and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the feedback Rob.

I did a little more research this morning and found WmEDIforTN_4-6_Fix8 on Advantage that says it upgrades the ISA12 values up through version 4050. The release notes don’t say anything about ISA11, but I guess I’ll see once wM sends me the Fix.

Apparently with EDI version 4030, the ISA11 field is now a ‘Repitition Separator’ and can be ANY value.

I also went back to the Developer guide and read how to modify the schemas. I agree with you, and would rather not modify something in the standard wM package. I’m hoping the Fix resolves my problems, or maybe wM can create a new Fix.

Thanks,
Devan