using another prefix than "ino" for ino:id (ns1:id)

Hello there !

I’m facing the following issue : I want to insert into Tamino an XML document like

foo

And the reply from Tamino is :

<ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXDE7716”>(cvc-assess-attr.1): undeclared attribute</ino:messagetext>
ino:messagelineLine 2, Column 84: Line 2, Column 84: [attribute “ns1:id” in element “project”]</ino:messageline>

In brief, what I want to do is to insert a document with a namespace prefix different from the genuine “ino” with something like “ns1”.

Is there a trick in the Schema Editor where I should declare this exotic(?) mapping ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Bertrand Martel
Software AG France

Hi Bertrand,

I tried this and it caused my Tamino server process to loop :(( I think the moral of the story is that it doesn’t work as I suspect the ino namespace is handled somewhat as a special case internally but maybe I’m wrong.

Is there a reason for wanting to do this? Surely ns1:id is the same (or should be) as ino:id since the namespace uri is the same? IMO your document should be insertable. Maybe you should raise this issue via support?

Kind regards,

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Hello Stuart,

The reason why I want to perform this action is that I’m using Castor : the (un)marshalling XML to Java object framework. Castor automatically creates a prefix (ns1, ns2, so on) and maps it to the NS URI (http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2) when it marshalls (serialize) a Bean to an XML instance.

I have been able to force/bypass the automatic prefix generation and set the “ino” as the prefix. So I’m out of trouble now.

Anyway, this insertion should not be a problem IMHO.
I will raise this issue via support.

Thank you very much for your fast response.

Kind regards,

Bertrand Martel
Software AG France

Hi!

Any result of a tamino query would be invalid.
That is, because

is invalid! Attributes have to be different in namespace or local name!

Try it changing the namespace.

Regards,

Jo

Hi!

Change it!

foo

will work! (Behind XXX You’ll find no RDDL. :slight_smile:

Hopefully this helps!

Ciao,

Jo