Usage of USIZE, ESIZE and DATSIZE

Hi,

I have been asked about the USIZE.

I know this buffer as
: Objects are compiled in this buffer. The compiled code of the object being compiled is generated into this buffer. and the size is anything between 8-64K.

How can I know what is the USIZE defined for my Natural session?
Is there any command that I can use to see the USIZE, ESIZE, DATSIZEs defined for my session?

2ndly, I frequently face the ESIZE problem on my session. I usually go back and change it in CICS region from where I trigger the Natural session like

ESIZE=value

I tried to set the ESIZE value in SYSPROF, so that I do not have to set it in CICS region everytime I face the problem. But this is not working and I end up with the same problem.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks,
Mishra

With Natural v4, most buffer sizes are dynamic. The BUS (buffer statistics) command will display the current allocations.

Natural parameter values can be set when you compile and link the Natural nucleus, at compile time in the CICS front-end program, or at Natural invocation (with a system profile (SYS=) or with a parameter override, as in your example with ESIZE=).

Many Natural parameters can be changed within the Natural session, but ESIZE is not one of them. I don’t know what you mean by

SYSPROF displays session settings; it cannot modify them.

Hi Ralph,

I m really sorry to confuse you by mentioning a wrong utility name.

That was SYSPARM not SYSPROF.

Thanks,
Mishra