NATF0304 with batch SCAN

Good day,

We have been running scans in batch with no problems. Now all of a sudden we get the following error:
NATF0304 : ERROR 0886 ENCOUNTERED DURING READ WHILE PROCESSING OBJECT

What could be the possible cause of this?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kugh;

Did this set of runs have programs/objects that are much larger than any you have scanned before? 0886 is a buffer overflow.

steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.
The scan is executed for the maintenance of very old programs, and hence unable to know in advance about the sizes of the objects to be scanned. The parameters are set statically; can I overwrite these dynamically in jcl? Which specific parm should I overwrite?

Regards

usual suspect is ESIZE

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/natural/nat424mf/parms/esize.htm

This problem was resolved by overwritting the DATSIZE dynamically with a bigger value.

Thanks

Hi Kugh,

Can you please tell us wat is DATSIZE?

Can we have a sample code of it which shows how you overwrote it dynamically?

It would be a great help for initial programmer like me :slight_smile:

Thank you
Smruti

DATSIZE is one of the parameters that the Natural System Administrator (often the same person is also the Adabas DBA) sets when establishing the Natural environment. You cannot override DATSIZE programmatically. You would need to ask your administrator to increase DATSIZE for you. This might be assembled / link edited in or established via SYSPARM, depending how your shop is set up.