URGENT: Cannot execution with xa transaction

Hi…

i’m using IS 6.0.1 , JDBC adapter 6.0.3, and OS HP-UX

if i’m execution service that using local transaction is OK…nothing error message…

but if i’m running service that using xa transaction, with error…

2006-05-16 10:14:13 GMT-07:00 [ART.0114.1007E] Adapter Runtime: Error Logged. See Error log for details. Error: [ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource”.

[wm-cjdbc32-0014][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection refused
2006-05-16 10:14:13 GMT-07:00 [ART.0114.1007E] Adapter Runtime: Error Logged.

See Error log for details. Error: [ART.117.4012] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to run adapter service. Error occured when connecting to resource GenevaJDBC:genevaConnection.

[ART.118.5053] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to get a connection to resource GenevaJDBC:genevaConnection.

my dba administrator trying reinstall and reconfigure javaVM and resize JAVA_POOL in oracle but still error like above…

why ?..please help me?..

Check that your Oracle database is actually configured to support XA transactions. By default it may not. We have encountered this issue with freshly created Oracle DBs.

HTH, Michael.

Hi michael, thank’s for the quick respon…:smiley:

in our Oracle DB…i checked JAVA_XA, there are SYS schema and PUBLICS schema…so Oracle support xa transaction with webMethods, right?

based on knowledge base with article ID SR -1- 64520311…i resize JAVA_POOL and reinstall JVM in Oracle…but still error like above…

sorry michael …what your mean freshly created Oracle DBs?..“new create DB?”

thank’s

Anang,

Unfortunately I don’t know much more than that about Oracle and XA. My experience (which hopefully is relevant for you!) consists of XA transactions that stopped working when DBAs set up a new DB and we migrated the data to that new DB.

I believe that the DBAs ran a script called initxa.sql to enable XA transactions. However, from what you say above, this might have already been done. I hope this is the cause of your problem, because if so it’s easy to fix.

Other than that, all I can think of is checking network level things like passwords, hosts, service ports, and firewalls, since they’re the sort of causes of “Connection refused” errors that I have seen. But if all you’ve done is switch the adapter from local to XA transactions then I don’t know… :frowning:

Can you login with local transactions when you use oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource? You should be able to.

Regards, Michael

Ok…thank’s michael…:slight_smile:

my problem is…i can not running adapter service using xa transaction with DataSource Class : oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource and i can running adapter service using local transaction with DataSource Class: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource…

in both transaction having same properties like as server name, user, password, database name ets…

but…in both transaction (xa and local) can enable…:(…

regards,

anang

Hi All…

i get answer from webMethods support as follow…

=====

to resolve your problem, please do the following:
-1. Get hold of classes12.zip (java 1.2.x or 1.3.x) or ojdbc14.jar (1.4.x)
-2. put one of the above in the WMinstallDir/lib/jars directory
-3. Re-start the integration server
4. configure the correst URL and data source class for the XA transaction

then i run…but can not work…anyone can help me?

i’m using Oracle DB

thank’s for all attentions

regards,

anang

help me…in my problem is URGENT…

Anang,

A. What JVM version are you running?

B. Which oracle library did you put in the IS/lib/jars directory – classes12.zip or ojdbc14.jar? Does it appear in CLASSPATH on the Integration Server “About” page?

C. Can you please:

1. Set up your adapter for LOCAL transactions.
  2. Confirm it works.
  3. Change the adapter class to oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource, and CHANGE NOTHING ELSE ie. Leave it in LOCAL transaction mode.
  4. Does the adapter work now?

Hopefully this information may help locate the problem.

thanks michael,

A. i’m using JVM version 1.3.1
B. and i’m put classess12.zip into IS/lib/jars
C. before i’m using the both transaction type is running well,
but yesterday and now, if i’m running service with xa transaction can not work and some error log…and local transaction is running well.

And now…i’m create new JDBC adapter with local transaction type…running well, but XA…cannot work…:frowning:

regards,

anang

Hi All…help me?..:D…my head sick…:)…if my machine cannot running well…

Anang,

The error message you previously posted indicates there should be some more information (eg. a stack trace) in the IS error log. Can you please post it? It may provide a hint.

OK michael,…:smiley:

There are some error log from IS and Developer

1. Error log when restarting IS

2006-05-17 10:18:07 GMT+07:00 [ISS.0028.0012C] WmJDBCAdapter: Startup service (wm.adapter.wmjdbc.admin:registerAdapter)
2006-05-17 10:18:13 GMT+07:00 [ART.0114.1007E] Adapter Runtime: Error Logged. See Error log for details. Error: [ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
[wm-cjdbc32-0014][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection refused
2006-05-17 10:18:13 GMT+07:00 [SCC.0126.0001E] SCC ConnectionManager Pool Started
2006-05-17 10:18:13 GMT+07:00 [SCC.0126.0001E] SCC ConnectionManager Pool Started
2006-05-17 10:18:13 GMT+07:00 [ART.0114.1007E] Adapter Runtime: Error Logged. See Error log for details. Error: [ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource”.

1. Error log when running adapter service with using XA Transaction in IS.

2006-05-16 10:14:13 GMT-07:00 [ART.0114.1007E] Adapter Runtime: Error Logged. See Error log for details. Error: [ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource”.

2006-05-16 10:14:13 GMT-07:00 [ART.0114.1007E] Adapter Runtime: Error Logged.

See Error log for details. Error: [ART.117.4012] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to run adapter service. Error occured when connecting to resource GenevaJDBC:genevaConnection.

[ART.118.5053] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to get a connection to resource GenevaJDBC:genevaConnection.

1. Error when i’m click adapter service (API: lookup store procedure from Oracle DBs) in WM

Templates are not loaded properly for the following reason:
com.wm.ui.UiException: com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ART.118.5040] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to get adapter service templates for connection GenevaJDBC:genevaConnection.
[ART.118.5048] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to get adapter service templates for connection resource GenevaJDBC:genevaConnection.

1. Error when I’m click DETAIL error in part 3

com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException: [ART.118.5053] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to get a connection to resource GenevaJDBC:genevaConnection.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource”.
at com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException.create(DetailedServiceException.java:131)
at com.wm.pkg.art.metadata.InteractionMetadataService.getInteractionAdapterMetadata(InteractionMetadataService.java:526)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:287)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:344)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:104)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Service.doInvoke(Service.java:605)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Service.doInvoke(Service.java:502)
at com.wm.pkg.art.metadata.InteractionMetadataService.getInteractionAdapterMetadataList(InteractionMetadataService.java:953)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:287)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:344)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java:97)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java:167)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:204)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:105)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
##############

thank’s for all attention

Regards,

anang

In your JDBC Pools, delete and reenter all of the information.

Hore…hore…hore…:smiley:

Thank’s for All people that help me…especially for michael and randy.bovay…:D…you are the best in the discussion…D

my problem has been solved…:smiley:

my steps…

1. backup (all information parameter) and delete connection name in JDBC adapter
  2. create new connection name JDBC adapter…with name connection and all information parameter same with old name JDBC connection

Regards,

Anang

Fantastic!

Good one, Randy - I was running out of ideas.

Your welcome.
We ran across that issue when we were copy/pasting int the jdbc driver area.

Too bad there isn’t an RSS feed from the advantage site, we could’ve helped Anang w/ that even quicker.