Upgrade Natural

Hello fellows,
I’ve got some questions for all of you:

1. I am making a plan for an upgrade project so I would like to know what is the best practice to make the upgrade. I’ve got two options: First of all uninstall the current Natural version and install the new one. The second one is install the new one keeping the current Natural version this options will active the update installations steps.

2. the customer has two environment on the same machine I mean that he has Test environment and Pre-Production environment both of them keep its own home directory. What can I do to install the new one Natural version on Test environment without affect the Pre-Production environment. I already read some notes that mentions that I must be careful with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable because that environment variable must be defined the order of the library in the correct way. How can I change dynamically the order of the library when the user login to the specific environment?

I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advanced.

Regards

If the 2 environments really have to be on the one machine, why not create one of them on a VM session.

I guess you may set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the login script, isn’t it?
Two different Natural versions on UNIX will be installed in different, version dependent paths. Since the home ($SAG) directory is different, you are at another place on the machine anyway.
If you have not done already, see chapter “Installation” → “Installing and Setting Up Natural on UNIX” → “Installing Natural More Than Once in Parallel in Different $SAG Directories” in the documentation.

ok, Thanks a lot Georg!!!