Unable to start MWS 7.1

I installed MWS7.1 on my local machine running on Windows XP.

While starting the MWS I am getting following error. I reinstalled MWS but again got the same issue.

2008-01-22 16:12:41 CET (Framework : FATAL) - Content is not allowed in prolog.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.webMethods.rtl.util.xml.XMLUtil._loadDocument(XMLUtil.java:344)
at com.webMethods.rtl.util.xml.XMLUtil.loadDocumentFromInputStream(XMLUtil.java:307)
at com.webMethods.rtl.util.xml.XMLUtil.loadDocument(XMLUtil.java:291)
at com.webMethods.portal.service.sql.core.ConnectionManager.init(ConnectionManager.java:212)
at com.webMethods.portal.service.sql.core.ConnectionManager.init(ConnectionManager.java:178)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhase$InitializableWrapper.init(DefaultPhase.java:118)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhase.initComponent(DefaultPhase.java:99)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.initComponents(BaseProvider.java:509)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.init(BaseProvider.java:125)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhase.init(DefaultPhase.java:44)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhaseProvider.initComponent(DefaultPhaseProvider.java:257)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.initComponents(BaseProvider.java:509)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.init(BaseProvider.java:125)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhaseProvider.initializePhases(DefaultPhaseProvider.java:89)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.init(PortalSystem.java:867)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.main(PortalSystem.java:826)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.start.Main.start(Main.java:126)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.start.Main.main(Main.java:47)
2008-01-22 16:12:41 CET (Framework : INFO) - No registered exception delegate

Did anyone get this issue ? Do anyone know solution for it ?

Thanks

This might come from My webMethods Server 7.1 database component. Did you use database component configurator tool or did you run the script manullay from common /db folder ?

Problem was with the image file which I was using for installation. I created a new file just with MWS components and installed it. Its working fine now.

Thanks,
Prashant

I have got the same issue upon migrating MWS instance from 7.1.2 to 7.1.3.
After getting this error I installed MWS 7.1.3 in a new location using the same image.
The new installation ist starting without any issues using the same database schema as the migrated one. But the migrated instance is still showing the “content not allowed in prolog.” error.

Any Ideas?

I see the following error while starting MWS.

As per suggestions I have re-installed but error persists:

2012-03-28 04:34:23 EDT (Framework : FATAL) - Content is not allowed in prolog.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Shaanz

Can you specify the exact version you are trying to (re-)install?

7.1.3 or 8.2.1?

Are you trying to upgrade from 7.1.2 to 7.1.3?

In the later case you should check the MigrationGuide (available on Empower) and the KnowledgeBase on Empower for further informations.

Hello praspai,

First you have to create a new instance for this path --c:/webMethods/mws/bin>mws.bat new localhost:8585 then instance is created successfully a few minutes.After That we have to open the mws path like C:/webMethods/mws/server/default/bin/run.bat. then open a browser like localhost:8585 then mws is opened.

Thanks & Regards,
Premsai

Hello praspai,

First you have to create a new instance for this path --c:/webMethods/mws/bin>mws.bat new localhost:8585 then instance is created successfully a few minutes.After That we have to open the mws path like C:/webMethods/mws/server/default/bin/run.bat. then open a browser like localhost:8585 then mws is opened.

Thanks & Regards,
Premsai