Unable to launch "IS_Default" instance

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

Integrtion Server 10.11 (Windows)

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Free Trial Version

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

I am trying to launch the Integration server "Default"instance.
Earlier on this machine I ws been aable to configure and launch the Default and custom instances of the Integration Server. For some reason after I uninstallled webMethods the Integration Server Default instance will not launch it keeps existing during initialization.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Attached are the log files
wrapper.log
wrapper.log (47.1 KB)
sag-osgi.log
sag-osgi.log (279.9 KB)
platform.log
platform.log (11.4 KB)

At this point I have tried even resinstalling the DB and the other productions MWS and UM are working fine its just the IS which is facing this issue.

Have you installed latest fixes for the products

No fixes have been installed this is the free version.

Appreciate any inputs.

There isn’t much information in the attached log files.
You can check for the server log under /IntegrationServer\instances\default\logs server.log , if this log is present you can check if there is more information.
-NP

Attached is the server.log from the following location

C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\default\logs
server.log (6.4 KB)

Hi Jerry. My opinion is this is related to the updates made to fix log4j issues, since the errors are related to log4j. I know you cannot run Update Manager to fix. There may be another way to fix it without update manager, but I’m not aware of it.
@Kalpesh_Shah1 may have ideas.

Yes, you need to ensure that you are applying OSGi platform fixes in your environment along with IS fixes. As described @ webMethods Fixes for Log4j Zero-Day security vulnerability - Service project (softwareag.com)

following fixes are required to be installed.

Third-Party Libraries > Shared Libraries Loggers 10.11 Fix 2

Shared Bundles > Shared Bundles Loggers 10.11 Fix 2

Infrastructure > Shared Platform > Platform Diagnostic 10.11 Fix 1

Regards,
-Kalpesh

Hi Kalpesh,
I do not have an Empower login which i can use to download the fixes, from my presprective there are the following options:

• A image for the fixes which are required to over come this issue be provided with the free trial which could then be installed using the Update Manager.
  • A refreshed version of the free trial replace the existing one which is available and includes the fixes.

Finally one question : How did this work for me earlier if you rememeber you had helped me fix the issue for a non-default IS instance creation. Should’nt something as basis as installation be a non-failing repetative task, just my though.

Appreciate your response.
Regards
~Jerry

@Jerry_kurian , as I understand there is already new Trial version with the required fixes. Can you please try installing it and see if problem persists?

Alternatively, if anyone has installed trial version in your env, can you please attach profiles\IS_default\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator\bundles.info file? @wayne.leishman.20059 ? @Jerry_kurian , you can copy that file in your env to see if it helps.

Regards,
-Kalpesh

Hi @Kalpesh_Shah1, @wayne.leishman.20059
Based on your instructions i re-downloaded what i believe to the the most latest installer, bundle and license keys below are the details.

Installer Download Link
https://softwareag-usa.s3.amazonaws.com/webMethods/Integration/SoftwareAGInstaller20211025-w64.exe
File Name : SoftwareAGInstaller20211025-w64.exe

Windows Archive Link
https://softwareag-usa.s3.amazonaws.com/webMethods/Integration/webMFreeDownload1011Win64bit.zip

License Keys
https://softwareag-usa.s3.amazonaws.com/webMethods/Integration/Integration+v10.11+Free+Trial_Exp_10-30-2022.zip
Integration+v10.11+Free+Trial_Exp_10-30-2022.zip

This however still did not work it went and got stuck at the same place in the logs while initializing the “IS_Default” following are the associated log files

C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\logs\default.log
default.log (121.6 KB)

C:\SoftwareAG\profiles\IS_default\logs\wrapper.log
wrapper.log (10.8 KB)

C:\SoftwareAG\profiles\IS_default\logs\sag-osgi.log
sag-osgi.log (84.9 KB)

C:\SoftwareAG\profiles\IS_default\logs\platform.log
platform.log (3.2 KB)

At this point i am completely stuck, could you possibly send across the “profiles\IS_default\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator\bundles.info” which you have mentioned in your previous post for me to see if that makes a difference.

Regards
~jerry

@Kalpesh_Shah1 / @wayne.leishman.20059 could either of you share the file that was mentioned by kalpesh in the post above.

profiles\IS_default\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator\bundles.info

So i could see if that resolves the issue with the starting of the IS.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.