Unable to connect to CDD - CONNX DataSync web interface

Hi all,
Error:
Unable to connect to CDD. Unable to open database: (CNXOLEDB) (abcd;efgh;ijkl) X (New socket): Negative response from server. >>> STAT:2 ERR:4 SQLSTATE:S1000 Initializing OLEDB Provider Failed STAT:2 ERR:-2147467259 SQLSTATE:S1000 Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers :
[CA][CA IDS ODBC Driver][CA IDMS] DTS/DNS allocate failed STAT:2 ERR:-2147467259 SQLSTATE:S1000 Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [CA][CA IDMS ODBC Driver||CA IDMS] DB001061 TO C-4M387: DTS connect failed (2)

I am using Connx Web Interface to sync data from on premise to SQL. I have created .cdd file from web interface and downloaded and uploaded from ‘Manage Connection’, and at intergrated Login I am facing this issue.

The error here is coming from the CA IDMS ODBC Driver itself. I would recommend that you open a support incident so we can help you resolve this issue. However as a hint, please verify you can connect to that exact CDD using Infonaut.

InfoNaut application from server ? I am going to stay only on Web interface ConnX DataSync.

Please suggest.

Yes, I recommend you remote desktop to the DataSync server, and try to use Infonaut to test the connection to the CDD. But my primary suggestion is to create a support incident so we can help you directly, and perhaps have a screen sharing session with you.

I have created the .cdd file using my local machine using cdd web interface. So do I have to move the .cdd file to the server and test using infoNaut there ?

And imp question, can we perform all action on ConnX DataSync web interface (:/datasync/overview/summary) ?

When you created your CDD on your local system, did you first test that you were able to successfully connect to that CDD using Infonaut, before uploading the CDD to the datasync server?
Since you are using a 3rd party ODBC Driver for CA-IDMS - is it properly configured on the DataSync server?
Yes - you can perform all DataSync actions using the web interface.
I once again encourage you to create a support incident - as it is clear that you would benefit from some direct assistance.

one last question, before I go ahead to raise a support ticket.

Do we have infoNaut web interface, so that I can perform the check with out entering the server ?
Or is there an alternate way to test the connect, with out logging into the server, so that I can confirm that it is a ODBC driver issue, and raise a support ticket.

No, there is not a web interface for Infonaut (yet, but this is on our roadmap for next year). However, based on the originally reported error - you already know that there is a problem with the connection to the IDMS ODBC Driver. “[CA][CA IDS ODBC Driver][CA IDMS] DTS/DNS allocate failed STAT:2 ERR:-2147467259 SQLSTATE:S1000 Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [CA][CA IDMS ODBC Driver||CA IDMS] DB001061 TO C-4M387: DTS connect failed (2)”
This error indicates that there is some type of configuration or connection problem to IDMS. The likely scenario is that your ODBC DSN for IDMS is not configured properly. Additionally, the specified server name in the error message “(abcd;efgh;ijkl)” also looks suspect.