Unable to bootstrap SPM on remote machines and connect to SPMs installed in remote machines

1. I have just installed CCE 10.15 on a unix box and when I try to install SPM in another unix box I see below errors, the CCE fixes are the latest.

WARN # ClientConnectionService globalRequest(ClientConnectionService[ClientSessionImpl[user@hostname/hostIP:22]])[hostkeys-00@openssh.com, want-reply=false] failed (SshException) to process: EdDSA provider not supported

com.softwareag.platform.management.common.exceptions.Platf ormManagerException: Un-handled internal server error. Failure [EXPLANATION] A Platform Manager Exception occurred. [ACTION] Re solve the exception

2. I tried to install the SPM in the other unix box manually and tried to add to the CCE using “Platform Manager installed“ and its not working too
ERROR # [CCEMONE0021] Error polling SPM node [host2_1015]. Node Status will be set to OFFLINE and the Runtime State for all instances of the node will be set to UNKNOWN. javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: A request to URL "host2:8093/spm/monitoring/state/" at Node “host2_1015” has failed: “No route to host (Host unreachable)”. For more details check CCE logs. #

I see this error repeatedly in the SPM wrapper.log:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2024/04/15 04:25:37 | 2024/04/15 04:25:37 DEBUG # ConfigurationServiceImpl A Configuration instance with ID = SPM-NODEID does not exist.

What could be the reason for these failures, Is it because of some missing config at the OS/Network side or something missing on the CCE/SPM ? Need your help from your experience here experts.

Hi Venkat,

each installation, which should be reachable by CCE needs its own SPM installation in the same directory.
This applies to CCE too.

See webMethods Installation Guide for details.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

This issue is solved. For the first scenario, it was just a permission issue on the new unix boxes. Once the proper permission was set, this got OK. For the second scenario too, the network team did some changes on their end, was asked to try connecting to the IP of the unix boxes and the connection was established. Thanks for your time.