Unable to add newly created roles in MWS to ACL'S in Integrations Server

Hello Experts,

I have created a new role and i would like to add that role to a ACL in Integration server, but when i try to search my newly created role
via ACLS-> ADD Users>

Hi,

please check if restarting the IS solves the issue.

The IS caches the informations from the directory.
This can take some time until the new informations make it to the cache.

Regards,
Holger

Hello Holger,

Thank for responding.

I did a bit of research and found that it is the caching as you mentioned.

This problem was solved by restarting the servers.

However i understood that every time you make a change to the role (add or delete user) it requires a restart.of the IS.

Regards,
Arun Chollety.

Hello Holger,

Thank for responding.

I did a bit of research and found that it is the caching as you mentioned.

This problem was solved by restarting the servers.

However i understood that every time you make a change to the role (add or delete user) it requires a restart.of the IS.

Regards,
Arun Chollety.

I think it’s not required. Please reload your monitor package alone and test once.

Regards,
Krishna

Hi Arun,

it is not really required to start the IS everytime.

Cache will expire at certain intervall and gets refreshed afterwards.

Regards,
Holger

Anyone knows how long the cache takes to expire? Three years later, we use version 10.1 and still hit this problem.

Typically, I add the new user and role in MWS. Then in IS, I define the new ACL and try adding the new MWS role to the ACL – this is when the problem occurs. I’ve tried waiting 10-20 minutes for the cache to expire (and the new role to appear in IS) – but without success. I end up restarting IS.

This is in my development environment though. New users/roles/ACLs are deployed using WmDeployer, so I wonder if this is solely a development issue (it’d be painful to restart production clusters on new role deployment).

I didn’t have this issue. After I create a role on MWS, I could immediately set a ACL for that role on IS. Did you try to hit the “Go” button to refresh role list?

Thanks @Xiaowei - yes, I did hit the ‘Go’ button (it’s a gotcha for sure).

Even waiting for an hour didn’t help - only an IS restart helps.

If you don’t mind, can you tell me your IS version and patches? I’m on IS 10.1 with IS_10.1_Core_Fix12,
Trading Networks Server 10.1 Fix 4 and IS_10.1_SPM_Fix3

I am on v9.9 without any patch.

You did configure Central User Management, right?

Thanks @Xiaowei - older may be better ! :slight_smile: Yes, we do have Central users configured.

I have a blog here https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4200396608243839441to describe how to do central user management on IS. It contains some services to retrieve role list on MWS. Could you take a look and try it on your IS? To see if you could get the role list successfully?

Sorry, this is correct url Xiaowei's Blog: Enhanced Central User Management on webMethods

Hi,

In 10.1 there is a new IS fix which will solve this issue (it wasn’t present in 9.9).

Please update your installation with the latest fixes of all the products you have installed as there are dependencies between fixes (IS-MWS-UM… etc).

Best regards,

Thanks Gerardo - good tip! Frustrating as we just went live wtih 10.1. :slight_smile: I’ll ask our implementation partner.

Let us know how it goes after the fix installation.

FYI - I am on 10.3 with the latest available fixes and I am able to see the Roles create on MWS immediately on IS. I assume you have selected the Provider=Central as in the screenshot attached.

IS_10.3_Core_Fix5
IS_10.3_SPM_Fix2
Trading Networks Server 10.3 Fix 1
Trading Networks Server 10.3 Fix 2
Trading Networks Server 10.3 Fix 3
MWS_10.3.0_Fix4

Capture.PNG

Thanks @Xiaowei – some ninja code there! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the inputs @Mahesh. I plan to open an SI. SAG probably have a fix already ready for this

Hi,
Just one question… Do you have UM setup in IS?

Thanks

Can you check if the configuraiton of the Universal Messaging URL in the cluster.xml file