UM doesn't updated after Trigger filter changed

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?


Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Customer License

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

I changed webMethods Messaging Trigger’s filter but it doesn’t work. I checked its filter from UM EM and noticed that my changes didn’t work. So I copied the trigger with different name and this time it worked. I expect that when I changed the trigger’s filter it should be update UM as well.

I have workaround like I said when I copy that trigger with different name and same filter, that trigger able to catch messages that fit with filter but that is the way that I do not prefer. That trigger in production and I need to find out to update its trigger.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

There is no error message.

Hello team,

I have a problem with UM. I updated a webMethods Messaging Trigger’s filter but couldn’t catch specified messages yesterday. So I debugged the service and saw that there is no problem with publishing messages to UM. I copied that trigger and copied one able to catch messages successfully.

I checked UM Enterprise Manager and noticed that in UM my filter was not updated.

Do you have any idea about how can I fix this problem?


Can you provide more info?

  1. Are you using a Provider Filter or a Local Filter?
  2. What is the Encoding Type on the DocType? Protocol Buffer or IData?
  3. What are your IS and UM fix levels?
  4. Is your IS connected to the UM?
  5. Are other triggers behaving the same way, or is it only this one?
  6. Are you observing this just after an upgrade and/or Broker to UM migration performed?


Hello Kasi,

1/2 - It is Local Filter. The Encoding Type is IData.
3 - no idea
4 - yes it is
5 - only this one, others work proper
6 - no, we didn’t do any upgrade or migration


Since this is local to one trigger, it’s difficult to get to the root cause without accessing the environment.

Alternatively, try the following -

  1. Disable the other triggers
  2. Delete the trigger in question
  3. Change the DocType back to non-publishable
  4. Check that the related trigger client is automatically removed on the UM, or remove them manually
  5. Recreate the deleted trigger

If this doesn’t solve it, then you may have to delete ALL triggers and recreate them.


1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.