To run this service, first recompile the Java source

Hello,

My project run with Java 8 (JDK 1.8.111), use library from Integration Server 9.12 (IS 9.12) and I attack an Integration Server 8.2 (IS 8.2) and use Tomcat 5.

In my class that extends context, I use the methods : IData result = super.invoke(“packageName.ServicesApp”, serviceName, IDataVariable);

But I have the following error :
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ISS.0026.9102] Service ‘packageName.OracleJdbc:connect’ is not operational. To run this service, first recompile the Java source.

When I try the service from webMethods (Packages > Management > Services > connect > Test; with inputs and without inputs), I have the same error.

How could I solve this error please ?

Best regards and thanks.

As per the error, did you compile the java service by saving it (compilation), once compiled and class java class will be generated.

I will do it, thanks for your reply.

The error was caused by java 1.8, with Java 1.6 it work

webMethods does not work with JDK 8 ?

webMethods 8.2 does not work with Java 8, it’s why I got this error. (source : [url]http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/techjforum/posts/list/53676.page[/url])

Hi Ludovic,

you can compile the java service with jdk 8, but you will have to specify “-target 6” option to generate JDK 6 compatible class.

See “javac -help” for further informations.

There should be an “Invalid Class File Version Exception” somewhere in the logs.

Each Major JDK version uses a different class file version which are backwards compatible but not forwards.
This means, classes compiled with and/or for older JDK versions will still be working in newer JVMs but not vice versa, as these might contain language features not yet available in the byte code representation of the older JVM.

Regards,
Holger