TN Unable to split EDI document

Hi,
TN is not able to split the document into group,envelope and payload.
ProcessMsg service is invoked successfully and the user status is changed to ProcesMsg:PAYLOAD.But there is a null pointer exception at wm.tn.doc:recognize.
Any idea?

Thanks,
Meena

com.wm.lang.flow.FlowException: wm.tn.doc:recognize java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException at wm.b2b.editn.EDIEnvelopeDocType.createEnvelope(EDIEnvelopeDocType.java:399) at com.wm.app.tn.doc.BizDocTypeReg.recognizeAndCreate(BizDocTypeReg.java:499) at wm.tn.doc.recognize(doc.java:633) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor103.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:287) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:344) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.BaseService.invoke(BaseService.java:153) at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowInvoke.invoke(FlowInvoke.java:324) at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invokeNode(FlowState.java:577) at com.wm.lang

Hi Meena,
I suppose u have checked ur TPA whether it has correct receiver & sender if u r not using Default TPA.
But if u r using Default TPA then check u r using wM EDI documents not ur custom one. So that TN will get to know that the document u r submitting is of EDI type.
Third thing what u can also check is Trading partner profile whether they contain correct sender & receiver identifier, this might create a problem while recognizing the documents.

Thanks,
Manish

Hello,
That post looks like in was from over one year ago. But since you rekindled it a little, I will add. If you have parse this exact format before, then you see about testing it on a development setup that it fails that same. If this is from a new customer or a new document type they are trying to send, it could be a delimiter issue. I had an issue where in the Envelope there were extra blank fields that extended the delimiter out and I guess the internal parser expected a field value. An example:
UNB+UNOA:2++++’
UNH+’
UNZ+’
UNZ+8’
There where those extra fields delimiters but no data. When I changed it to a similar fashion as:
UNB+UNOA:2’
UNH+’
UNZ+’
UNZ+8’
The parser accepted the document. Now if the last field had the test flag set, there also may not have been an issue but it was all empty. This happening on IS 6.0.1 SP2. Good day.

Yemi Bedu