Threw a SiebelException: code(8236)

We are getting following error for every 3 to 5 orders submitted.

[ADA.448.1017] SiebelJavaOperations.testConnection() - Threw a SiebelException: code(8236), msg(OMRPC Request 130 on connection 3e4b was abandoned after 600085 ms because it timed out. (SBL-JCA-317) ). The connecton pool will now be recycled. Please retry your operation

Did anybody encounter similar problem?

What is your IS Version? and Siebel Adapter version? What patches of Siebel Adapter have you installed? What is the Version of Siebel that you are connecting too? Are your orders linked to any workflow on Siebel?

Hi,

is the issue solved.

Im facing similar issue.

error:

[ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service PresstekSiebelInbound.ShipmentTracking.AdapterServices:updateOrders.
[ADA.448.1017] SiebelJavaOperations.testConnection() - Threw a SiebelException: code(1179754), msg(The task 31457314 has either been shutdown or timed-out). The connecton pool will now be recycled. Please retry your operation

please help me on this.

Is it the issue with webMethods or with Seibel Application?

Regards
Arun Chollety

Could be siebel application came back after maintenance or connection pool not available.

Make sure the on the adapter connection minimum pool is set to 0 and try to reset the Adapter connectin (disable/enable it) and see if the error goes away.

BTW,what is the maximum connections you have set on the connection?

HTH,
RMG

thanks for your reply RMG. I have changed the pool to ‘0’

what do you exactly mean by "what is the maximum connections you have set on the connection?

"

Did you mean the maximum connection pool?

Regards,
Arun Chollety.

YES.

it is 10

minimum i have set it to 0 . now i dont see erroor.

Ill still perform few more rounds of testing to confirm

thanks

As you have set the minimum pool to ‘0’ as RMG suggested, there won’t be any stale connections. Even if Siebel system goes for maintenance, all connections will be refreshed, and new connections will be established when required.

-Senthil

Making minimum pool size to zero in adapter connection is a good and best practice…:slight_smile:

Thanks senthil, RMG.

Arun.

your welcome! :smiley: