Terracotta BigMemory say Error Type: Newly joined Node Contains dirty Database

Hi All,

We are running with an Active/ Passive terracotta cluster. Node 1 Active and Node 2 is passive. I could see the terracotta wrapper log say every time we startup on the Node 1.

Started and Becoming the activities coordinator and the Terracotta server is started and is now ready for work.

We could see the below sequence of the log.

1. The terracotta server is started and is now ready for work.
  2. Node 2 joined the cluster
  3. Requesting Node to Quit
  4. Error Type: Newly joined Node Contains dirty Database
  5. Node 2 left the cluster
  6. Node 2 joined the cluster

As of now, we have not faced any issue with missing cache or API Gateway server which is using terracotta for cluster also not having any issue.

We wanted to get rid of this message from your running instance. As it would create the support team to validate the logs for every time we restart the server. I was going over the post about the dirty DB.

I would like wanted to make sure we are not deleting any data as part of the dirty clean. Also Is there any other way could solve this problem ?

Hi Dinesh,

To restart the cluster, first start the server that was last active. If clustered data is not persisted, any of the servers could be started first as no data conflicts can take place.

or

You need to clean/delete dirty objects in on node2 which are persisting after re-start of node and do a clean re-start of TC.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.