Table Difference in Version 8

I have taken an application and upgraded it to Version 8. It does not work the same. Here is what I found in one particular instance:

• The Collection Table displayed on the page in Version 5.2.5 shows spaces filling out each field. This is not the case in Version 8. You can see this in the txt files which are source views of the pages being shown. Now, normally this would not seem to be a problem, but we must have the Table line up with some single-instance fields on the page. When the table alternates in size, it throws the alignment off. You can see this in the gif files.

Since we have not changed any code for this application, I make the assumption that Version 8 is functioning differently in this instance. Can you see if this is the case and let me know.

Thanks,

Joe
Table_Prob.zip (210 KB)

Hi,
I cannot see/download the files you attached. This is repeated problem with this forum so please send them to me by mail to - asaf.shakarov@softwareag.com

Can you add the web application as well? If your answer is yes and the web application is very big you can use

Hi Joe,
I tried reproducing this issue without any luck.
Here - using the projects you sent me and new application there was no trimming at all and same result from APX 525 was shown.
Please try change the application properties by right click on the application (in the Eclipse tree) > choose properties > screen content node > and uncheck the trim check box. If this will change the way the page is shown in APX 8.1 we can continue investigate from there.

I can also suggest you upgrade to APX 8.0.1 which is out and includes some upgrade and table fixes, and then try upgrading the project again.
Hope we will solve this issue soon,
Asaf

Hi Asaf,

I will get the upgrade and proceed from there. I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Asaf,

I have upgraded to 8.0.1 and applied your changes, and it has fixed my problem with the table display. Now my only problem is the automatic tabbing at end of input field. No matter what I do, it will not tab to the next input field as it did in Version 5. I have gone into the Applinx Framework Configuration and checked the “Automatic skip for all input fields” option in the Emulation section. I also did a comparison from Version 5 on all Configuration Options just to make sure nothing changed. It all seems the same. Any idea where I might look next? This feature is important to our Users and I need to resolve it.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,
Glad to hear that the table problem is solved, I could not find out what went wrong there.
About the “Automatic skip for all input fields”, we are aware that this feature stopped working we planned fixing that.
I can tell you that now, since this issue is important for you guys we would try to solve that soon and provide the fix in the next HF.
Should I let you know when the fix would be release?
Asaf

Hi Asaf,

That would be great. I appreciate all of your help.

Thanks,

Joe

No problem.
Don

Hi again,
The ‘Automatic skip for all input fields’ is working now with our tests.
That means that this feature should work in APX 8.1 which should be out soon.
Hope it helps,
Asaf