Version 5.2.1.0005 vs 5.2.3.06

I have found a difference in our system between these versions that concerns me. My initial approach is to start a Service that has partially logged into our process and leaves the service sitting at a CICS logon screen. When the user enters their Userid and Password, I then run a Path that goes further to the signon page for Natural and then applies what the User has typed in. This was necessary for Natural timeout problems and to not have open sessions in Natural. It works fine in 5.2.1 and the Logoff process also works. Now, in 5.2.3, I see some problems. The initial signon for a user is the same in both versions. You process, and then logoff. With the logoff in 5.2.3, when you try to close your browser, it just sits there and waits for a period of time before actually closing.(probably some timeout function) Then, when you try to sign in again, you get a java dump on the screen, very quickly, and then the logon page appears. Also, sometimes you get a 5001 error and must click “disconnect” to get the signon (index.jsp) page. The only thing I have identified so far is a deprecation in the java make.bat process. Here are the make.bat results:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\DataPro>echo off

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\DataPro>C:\j2sdk1
.4.2_11\bin\javac -deprecation -classpath ;“C:\Program Files\Apache Software Fou
ndation\Tomcat 5.5”\common\lib\jsp-API.jar;“C:\Program Files\Apache Software Fou
ndation\Tomcat 5.5”\common\lib\servlet-API.jar;WEB-INF\lib\gxframework.jar -d “W
EB-INF\classes” WEB-INF\classes\contexts*.java WEB-INF\classes\transforms*.j
ava
WEB-INF\classes\contexts\GXBasicContext.java:73: warning: gx_closeMainWindow() i
n com.sabratec.j2ee.framework.web.GXWebPageContext has been deprecated
super.gx_closeMainWindow();
^
WEB-INF\classes\contexts\word.java:33: warning: getBuffers() in com.sabratec.app
linx.baseobject.GXIScreen has been deprecated
String scrStr = getGXSession().getScreen().getBuffers().
getScreenBuffer();
^
2 warnings

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\DataPro>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Can you see anything that would possibly cause what I have described? By the way, I do not get these errors in Firefox, only Microsoft IE7.

I briefly had Version 5.2.3.0013, and I do not remember having this problem. Are there any fixes between patch level 6 and 13 that would have fixed this? I had to revert back to level 6 since this was the only “authorized” release version and I needed the LNX 390 version in addition to the Win XP PRO.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,
About the warnings from the Make.bat

Hi Asaf,

Thanks for your help. I will be sure to let you know if I find anything else that may be relevant.

Joe

One quick question regarding the deprecated items, what replaced the gx_closeMainWindow() method? I looked in the Deprecated List in the API, but could not find any reference to it. I feel that this is my problem with the browser not closing. What I also see in the Applinx Administrator and Log is my Service trying to initialize but not succeeding until the browser actually closes or I destroy it manually. Then the Service seems OK. This does not occur in 5.2.1.0005, so that leads me to believe the deprecation is the problem.

Thanks,
Joe

Hi Joe,
The gx_closeMainWindow() doesn

Hi Asaf,

The workaround looks good but I cannot get it to work. In placing the code in globalOnLoad(gx_event) in the userExits.js file under the js folder, there seems to be no effect at all. No popup box, no error, nothing. I will keep looking at this to see if I have placed it incorrectly.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,
We tested it here of course and it worked great.
Make sure that you put the first part of code (from the last message) I gave you inside globalOnLoad(gx_event) and the second part you put outside, after the “}” who close the function,
Because the second part contain two functions which should not be inside globalOnLoad(gx_event).
If you did everything as should but still can make it work, I will need you to send me your code and I will take a look.
Asaf

Hi Asaf,

Well, I tried again with no success. I have attached the js file for you. Just let me know what I did wrong.

Thanks,

Joe
userExits.js (2.05 KB)

Hi again,
I checked it and it seems that in line 31 there is a

Hi Asaf,

Ok, so I figured that a small amount of code was easy to type. That was my first mistake. Not using copy and paste in this instance was my second mistake. At least I have an eye doctor’s appointment in a few weeks. Maybe it will help. Thanks for your assistance, the fix works fine now.

Joe

Hi Asaf,

I have discovered the reason for the java dump briefly appearing when you sign on. It is the address that the User types into the browser. The standard we give is http://proplus.curtiscirc.com:8080/DataPro, depending on the actual application. When this is executed, Applinx then applies /z_container.jsp to the address. If the user saves this as a favorite or uses it later to access the system, they receive the java exception dump briefly prior to the actual logon page. Thought you would like to know.

Joe

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the information,
You are right and we are aware of this problem.
We should fix it soon,
But meanwhile the suggest way to save this URL as favorite is without the /z_container.jsp at the end.
Thanks again,
Have a nice week,
Asaf