Suspending delivery to a specific partner

Our trading partners sometimes schedule outages. During these times they do not want any documents delivered to them. How is this being handled by other TN users out there? Our delivery queues and processing rules are not partner-specific. Disabling the partner profile during the outage period seems like a bad idea. I thought about programmatically removing the partner’s ID from the appropriate processing rules for the duration of the outage, but I don’t see any good way to do that using WM-provided services. Ideally I’d like a solution that I can schedule, since these typically happen in the dead of night on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. Thanks,

Tim

I dont think you can do programmatically some manual intervention needs to be involved…and TP’s should let you know before if they have maintainence window scheduled at any time…doing business transactions inbound/outbound should be mutually agreed.But we handled when VAN porovider outtage or network maintainence window our tech support stop all the queues,schedulers,ports etc manually…and restart when they back on line…

May be someone have handled this scenario,please chim a lite on this topic…

HTH,
RMG

Hello,

Yemi Bedu

I had considered this option, but wasn’t sure how easy it would be to reprocess the documents after the outage. Is it just a matter of selecting them in the TN console and choosing ‘Reprocess’? If so, this would probably work. Thanks,

Tim

Hello,

Yemi Bedu

Hello,

Yemi Bedu

Deactivating the partner worked very well. Thanks for the suggestion, Yemi. Outbound documents were actually recognized as being for the partner but they got a processing status of ‘DONE W/ERRORS’. The activity log showed the error as being due to an inactive receiver. So I was easily able to query for and reprocess the documents. They did reprocess successfully without having to be resubmitted. It was interesting that inbound documents from the partner were recognized and processed normally while their profile was inactive. That is fine for my purposes, but could cause a problem if the partner was being inactivated for other reasons. Perhaps you have to delete them completely to prevent recognition and processing of inbounds.

Hello,

Yemi Bedu