Step by Step import jar

Hi Everybody

I need to import the jar com.softwareag.um.* to create a custum java service to connect to the UM.
I finded where the jar is, so I imported it in the package where i need it/code/jars, but now?
When i open design to code the java service, it not find any path for “com.softwareag.um”.
What I missing? what should i do to import correctly a jar file?

Hi Marco,

did you reload the package after placing the jar in the package?
Alternatively you can restart IS to activate the jar.

As long as you are not using Local Service Development feature Designer is not aware of the jars present in the IntegrationServer classpath.
Don´t worry, you are still able to develop your java service and will be compiled on the remote IS upon saving as long as the jar file is loaded in the IS.

UM classes should be part of the IS classpath by default when the UM Shared Libs are installed with IS.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger

Thanks for the answer.

Anyway I already restarted the IS and reload the package, but nothing change.
So i don’t find the pathclass for that Jar, and when i try to compile the code on Local Machine of WM, it throw an error obviusly.

But just to be sure, a java service to connect to the UM, to keep track of every message in the channel should be deployed on IS right?

Hi Marco,

in this case we will need some more informations:

What wM version are we talking about?
Are you developing locally and then transport the service to your remote IS?
Or are you directly developing remotely?

The service for tracking UM needs to be hosted on the IS which is connected to the UM which should be tracked.

After reloading the package just ado a small change to the service and revert it, i.e. add a dot to the comments tab and then remove it.
After that try to save the service.
Provide us the error message if any.

Regards,
Holger

It is important to note that we need to distinguish development-time and run-time behavior.

For run-time, the jars should be in the IS class path already, hence no need to add them to the package under normal circumstances.

For development-time, though, Designer needs to be made aware of their location. More specifically, you need to add them to the build path of you Designer/Eclipse project. This happens just like with any other Java project.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Christoph

When directly developing on a remote IS the warnings resp. errors shown in Designer can be ignored safely as long there are no messages upon saving (and compiling) the services on the remote IS.

When using Local Service Development with local package projects the jars should be imported to the IS package project, but they should be available in the local installation directory in this case.

Regards,
Holger