SQL Server 2008 for wM6.5

Hi experts,

I am trying to find if webMethods 6.5 (32-bit running in a 32-bit Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition) can connect to a SQL Server 2008 (64-bit) database using wMDB Adapter. :uhoh:

I downloaded and installed “Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 3.0” the same way I did previously with 2.0 and 1.1, but it stuffed all DB connections including to SQL Server 2000 and 2005, and this despite Microsoft website saying it is backward compatible. :confused:

Your thoughts and advices will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Iam also in the same situation. we use wM 6.5, running on Windows 2003.can we connect to SQL Server 2008 database usnig wMDB Adapter?

Jradr ,please share your experience if you have already got your issue resolved.

Thanks,
Amar

I think I can help you. I have got the files you need. I will send you a private message shortly

Hi jradr,

I am also facing some issue while configuring SQL Server 2005 with wM 7.1.

But i forgot the driver i was using earlier,Can you please let me know the entire process and send the driver for SQL server 2005.

In deed, it will be agreat help for me.

Regards,
Deb

Hi. please contact me and I will send you the files you need (You already have a private message from me). If I knew how to attach them here I would put them for everyone else. Cheers.

Hi jradr,

I am trying to connect to SQLServer 2008 R2 from 7.x. I would like to know what are the drivers to use.

Hi Jrad,

I also have problem connection between WM6.5 with SQL2008R2, any advice base on your experience?

Check Microsoft’s JDBC driver:

For 6.5, your best chance is the 3.0 version, it supports SQL 2008 R2, also support JVM 1.5.

What is current jar in place in your IS classpath and WmJDBCAdapter package code/jars/static folder also and please do check if the jar is updated to support the 2008 R2 connection?

HTH,
RMG

Please update your driver jar to Version 4.x.

Version 3 might not be fully compatible with SQL Server 2008.

Last time I checked for such a driver its version was sqljdbc_4.0.2206.
Latest version available is sqljdbc_4.1.5605.

Depending on your JVM you should choose the right jar file:
sqljdbc.jar Class-File-Version 49 Java 5
sqljdbc4.jar Class-File-Version 50 Java 6
sqljdbc41.jar Class-File-Version 51 Java 7 and newer.

This Driver is a pure Java-Driver (Type 4) so it is platform-independent.

The Jar should be placed under IntegrationServer/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars.
Reload the Package WmJDBCAdapter afterwards.
If this does not work, try to shutdown and restart the IS.

Regards,
Holger

Dear All,

Thanks for the reply. My Java version is
icrosoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\administrator.SURIAGROUP.013>java -version
java version “1.6.0_29”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

The sqljdbc.jar is old one (last date modified was 20 July 2007)

Which sqljdbcxx.jar should I use to connect to SQL 2008 R2?

As per the system requirements wM 6.5 support only SQL server 2000. Please have this checked before you proceed further.

wM 6.5 itself might be bound to older versions of the SQL Server DB. Eventually there is a Fix for this available from SAG. check the version(s) of DataDirect-Driver located at common/lib/ext/sl53_cjxx.jar.

For the WmDB-Adpater and the WmJDBCAdapter the versions of the SQL Server are less restrictive when using the latest driver from Microsoft download (as pointed out in my last post).

For Java version mentioned above, the sqljdbc4.jar should be working.

Remember to restart the IS after replacing the jar.
At least for the WmDB-Adapter this is definitely required. For the WmJDBCAdapter reloading the package should be sufficient.

From a usability point of view I would prefer WmJDBCAdapter over WmDB-Adapter.

Regards,
Holger