wmDB table view

Hi , Everyone

I was using webMethods version 8.0,because I was using the informix DB ,I configured the URL in wmDB page .
The URL is: jdbc-odbc:datasource,then I have connected the data source,it showed me the data source’s
table list,I knew it meant the connection was successful.

Then I was using webMethods version 9.10,its Java Version is 1.8.0_71 (52.0) and no sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver,because it don’t support jdbc-odbc bridge,I configured the URL in wmDB page with
the URL :jdbc:informix-sqli:ServerIP:port/DBName:informixserver=ServerName;CLIENT_LOCALE=zh_tw.big5;DB_LOCALE=zh_TW.57352. then I have connected the data source,it showed nothing, the Connection Parameters > Tables page has no table list .what did it mean?Was it successful?

Hi Jenny,

which version of Informix are you using?
Which version of the Informix driver?

Informix driver supports DataSources you can try to use WmJDBCAdapter instead.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger

Thanks for your reply.

Informix DB belongs to other departments, so I don’t know it’s version.

I don’t know what do you mean which version of the Informix driver.
When I use jdbc-odbc bridge,the ODBC driver is INFORMIX 3.32 (32BITS),
and the WmDB’s DB driver is sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.
When I don’t use jdbc-odbc bridge, the WmDB’s DB driver is com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver.

Our flow services is using WmDB, It will be a big project if I want to change WmDB to JDBCAdapter , so I have to solve the problem.

Do you have any other idea?

Regards,
Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I am not familiar with Informix Databases and the WmDB package.

In my previous post one word got lost.
The last line should be:
If Infomix driver supports DataSources you can try to use WmJDBCAdapter instead.

We are using Oracle and JDBC Adapter.

Regards,
Holger

Jenny,

I would also echo with Holger on the above to get away with WmDB and start use the WmJDBCAdapter for Informix connectivity (via available data source classes) and ofcourse it’s all depends on what Informix db version and wM 9.x.x supports.

Please check these Empower articles as well and there are many issues resolved wM connecting to Informix DB aspects:
https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/KCFullTextASP/viewing/view.asp?KEY=096406-3946078&DSN=PIVOTAL&DST=TCD&HL=1&QUERY=Informix&SessionID=32107472

https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/KCFullTextASP/viewing/view.asp?KEY=115317-17898810&DSN=PIVOTAL&DST=TCD&HL=1&QUERY=Informix&SessionID=32107472

HTH
RMG