Informix wmDB - Can not insert a NULL into column

Hi , EveryOne

I have been using the informix DB , and config the URL in wmDB page .
The URL is:jdbc:informix-sqli:ServerIP:9279/DBName:informixserver=ServerName;CLIENT_LOCALE=zh_tw.big5;DB_LOCALE=zh_TW.57352;
But when I tried to insert some record to a table using pub.db.insert , It failed , and indicate that I Can not insert a NULL into column.

Also. I have created JDBC Connection with informix successfully .and when I use the pub.db.exeSQL , It will be OK.

What’s the problem? What should I do?Is there anybody to help me ?

Hi Jenny,

which wM version are you using?

Does the affected column have a constraint “NOT NULL” or not?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger

Thanks for your help.

I am using 9.10 webMethods version ,and the affected column have a constraint “NOT NULL” .But I don’t think that’s the reason for this.

Because when I am using 9.10 webMethods version. and config the URL in wmDB page with
The URL :jdbc:informix-sqli:ServerIP:9279/DBName:informixserver=ServerName;CLIENT_LOCALE=zh_tw.big5;DB_LOCALE=zh_TW.57352.
I have debugged the flow service,Data type has string (java.lang.string) and object(java.math.bigdecimal),and all data has value.
But when I tried to insert these data to a table using pub.db.insert , It failed , and indicate that I Can not insert a NULL into column. There seems to be a problem with data type object ,because data type string can be inserted successfully.

In addition, I was using 8.0 webMethods version,and config the URL in wmDB page .
The URL is: jdbc:odbc:datasource,then I have debugged the same flow service, It will be OK,all data can be inserted successfully.But if I config the URL in wmDB with the URL :jdbc:informix-sqli:ServerIP:9279/DBName:informixserver=ServerName;CLIENT_LOCALE=zh_tw.big5;DB_LOCALE=zh_TW.57352 and have debugged the same flow service, It failed,too. and indicate that NO DB URL Specified.

Do you know the reason? I need your help badly.Thank you.

Best Regards
Jenny