informix 7.3.0

Hi all,
My RDB is informix 7.3.0 on HP UX 10.20
I use informix sdk v2.7 as my odbc driver.
I can use MS access to connect.
When I use XNODE to connect, it says no collection name error, then no table shows.
can anyone tell me what’s wrong!

thanks and regards,

michael

Can you tell me which version of Tamino you are using and on which platform?

You say:

Can you be more specific? What exact error do you get? Which tool do you see the error in?

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Hi,
as you want to use X-Node on your HP-UX machine, please be aware, that we do not support that constellation at the moment. Have a look at Tamino Availability But we plan the support of that in one one of the upcoming versions.
Regards,
Uli

I use Tamino 3.1.1.4 on win2000 professional with sp2, and use schema tool 3.1.2

informix 7.3.0 is on HP-UX 10.20

SDK is version 2.7

Xnode can connect to DB2 on the same host, and MS Access on the same host can connect to informix.

Tks & Rds

Michael

What steps you do in the schema editor and more so what error do you get (need full error message, text etc).

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

following is the error:

------------------------------------------------
Cannot get connection or tables.

-------------------------------------------------

and

------------------------------------------------
java.sql.SQLException: Column not found

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1790)

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.getString(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:383)

at com.softwareag.xtools.schematools.schemaeditor.components.wizards.odbcimporter.ODBCTablePanel.initTree(Unknown Source)

at com.softwareag.xtools.schematools.schemaeditor.components.wizards.odbcimporter.ODBCTablePanel.init(Unknown Source)

at com.softwareag.xtools.schematools.schemaeditor.components.common.wizards.AbstractDefaultWizard.setCurrentPanel(Unknown Source)

at com.softwareag.xtools.schematools.schemaeditor.components.common.wizards.AbstractDefaultWizard.updateCurrentStep(Unknown Source)

at com.softwareag.xtools.schematools.schemaeditor.components.common.wizards.AbstractDefaultWizard.doNext(Unknown Source)

at com.softwareag.xtools.schematools.schemaeditor.components.common.wizards.AbstractDefaultWizard.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1450)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1504)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:378)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:250)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:216)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:3715)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:3544)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1164)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:2593)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1213)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:2497)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:2451)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2216)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:2125)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1200)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:926)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:339)

at com.softwareag.xtools.common.standard.awt.WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:131)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:98)

at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:380)

at java.awt.Component.show(Component.java:946)

at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Component.java:903)

at com.softwareag.xtools.schematools.schemaeditor.components.common.wizards.AbstractDefaultWizard.showDialog(Unknown Source)

at com.softwareag.xtools.schematools.schemaeditor.components.wizards.odbcimporter.ODBCImporter.doOdbcWizard(Unknown Source)

at com.softwareag.xtools.schematools.schemaeditor.components.wizards.odbcimporter.ODBCImporter.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at com.softwareag.xtools.common.framework.service.common.AbstractSharedAction.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)

at com.softwareag.xtools.common.framework.service.menuaction.MenuAction.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)

at com.softwareag.xtools.common.framework.service.menuaction.MenuAction.trigger(Unknown Source)

at com.softwareag.xtools.common.framework.service.menuaction.MenuAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1450)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1504)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:378)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:250)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:279)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:886)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:230)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:3715)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:3544)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1164)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:2593)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1213)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:2451)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2216)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:2125)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1200)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:926)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:339)

at com.softwareag.xtools.common.standard.awt.WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:131)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:98)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:85)

---------------------------------------
error1.bmp (148 KB)

Hmm, its a bug. Somehow the informix odbc driver does not provide the database meta data in the same manner other database vendors do - a requested column was not there.
Please contact the customer support and let them create a problem log.
We are now in the end phase for the next Tamino version, so I do not know if I am permitted to include a fix for this problem. Customer problems are especially prioritized, lets see… Hurry up with the problem log.

But - first I have to fix it.

However, the ODBC wizard eases your work, but you can still set up an TSD schema with the schema editor by hand. You need a complex element for the root with Storage Type MapSubTreeSQL, enter your connection details. Add a sequence and an element simple for each database field. Here you choose the type approximately and use Storage Type Map NodeSQL and enter the column.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot.
I wish this bug can be fixed asap.
there are too many users using informix as there DB.

regards,

Michael