Spam?

Hello,
I received an email this morning ostensibly from “zehn martho via Software AG Tech Community & Forums” notifications@techcommunity.discoursemail.com

Subject: [Software AG Tech Community & Forums] UPDATE GOOD SELLER AND BINE LEGIT FROM Whatap: +1(218)3841535

Message text seems to be offering counterfeit banknotes, passports, ID cards, etc. Just wondering if these are new SAG offerings :wink:, or if the Tech Community email server has been hacked? Or spoofed?

George

@George, can you post a screenshot of the email, after masking your personal information?

@toni.petrov, @borislav.hristov, @marielavd - alarm bells?

KM

I’ll give it a shot. Here is a snap shot of my email, hopefully with my address obliterated… Anything else I can do, let me know.

Thanks

I hoped to see the full header as well, to see the source SMTP - can you post that too?
I had tagged our forum team and they should check this out soon.

KM

Sorry, I’d rather not post the full header in the forum. If Toni or another forum team member asks I’ll send to them directly.

Thanks

Hi George,

Apologies for the spam. The Tech Community hasn’t been hacked or spoofed.
Just an old school spam that have went through our Spam filters and being tagged for a product you are subscribed to…
We have a quite sophisticated spam filter, but this time failed. I’ll tune it today and make it a bit more restrictive in order to avoid such email notifications, which are definitely annoying. If you receive something similar again just let me know.

3 Likes

Thanks Toni. Your spam filters are so good I’d forgotten they occasionally get through!

George

1 Like

Hi Toni,

I got this one as well and I have flagged the post in the forum accordingly.

Regards,
Holger

2 Likes

Thanks Holger,

Yes, it was deleted then, but the email was already sent out. I’m testing how we can make flags by top members remove/hide the post, without the need for a Staff approval.

Glad to hear that :slight_smile: We are tuning them a bit to try to avoid such notifications in future.

1 Like

I got another spam email this morning (same as above) from the same user as I did on Monday. Can you block account?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s blocked now.

1 Like