Solaris 8 installation error

I have tried to install Tamino on a Solaris 8 machine, and right after I start the installation, it asks for the name of the source directory, which I give as
/cdrom/insv3121_2146

It then gives me the following error message:
does not contain the xmachine archive. No archive found with basename server.

I don’t know what to do from this point.

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

We are having the same problem. SoftwareAg support think it is to do with the way we have mounted the disk. Anyone?

Environment is Solaris 8, Apache 2.0, Tamino 4.1.1

Hi Sean,

could you please tell us how you are mounting the disk? (The CD, right?)
Is it being handled by the automounter?

Thanks,
Trevor.

Disk (CD) is mounted using the command

root# mount -F hsfs -r /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0 /cdrom

Hello Sean,

that seems reasonable enough. I couldn’t find any specific instructions on mounting the CD in the installation instructions, and I must admit that I never installed Tamino on Solaris from a CD (always from a downloaded, disk-based version).

I have just installed Star Office 6.0 on Solaris 9 though. The CD was mounted automatically, and the following entry was created in /etc/mnttab:

/vol/dev/dsk/c0t6d0/office60   /cdrom/office60   hsfs   maplcase,noglobal,nosuid,ro,rr,traildot,dev=16c0001   1045262895

Perhaps you can see something in the mount options that Solaris is using that gives you a clue?

I hope that helps,
Trevor.

Thanks for the help on this. We got around the problem by copying the contents of the CD onto the hard drive and running the script from there.

Still issues but as they are not related I will start a new thread.

regards
sean