SFTP Host key fingerprint.

Hi Team,

I am trying to connect to SFTP site of IS.I am able to create server alias but I am getting below error while creating user alias.

ISS.0147.9011] Test of SFTP user alias Test_ failed. Details: Auth fail.

I am able to connect to SFTP from winscp using same credentials .I have noticed that host key fingerprint is different in IS and WINSCP. It is 6 in IS and 06 in winscp. I have used ## instead of actual keys.

IS Host key : ##:##:##:6:##:##:##:##:##:##:##:##:##:##:##:##
Winscp host key : ##:##:##:06:##:##:##:##:##:##:##:##:##:##:##:##

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Kritika

Hi Kritika,

please check for latest Fixes for your IS version as there were some issue with SFTP/JSch w.r.t. AuthFail, which are Fixed meanwhile.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for you reply. But other SFTP sites are working fine .This problem is only with our IS server SFTP site. Is there anything to do with SSH or Network firewall.

Regards,
Kritika

Hi,

you should ask your SSHD Administrator to check the sshd_conf file why the JSch Auth fails and the WinSCP Auth not.

Please check for the Fixes anyway as it might be related to the version of JSch Jar being used by webMethods here.

B.t.w.: Which wM version are we talking about?

Regards,
Holger

I am sure there is some configuration/technical glitch based on the auth errors… As Holger suggested please do check with your SSHD admin or deep into the IS sFTP server (Active Transfer Server) logs as well to identify the root cause.

Also is this auth issue happening in all environments of the installed base or just few specific SFTP accounts hosted on IS?

Please mention the IS/ATS version you are on currently and do make sure fixes are up to date (IS/common libs/ATS,MWS) components wise.

HTH,
RMG