Set access rights to view B2B transaction based on a custom attribute value

Hi everyone,
We use webMethods 8.0.1 we’re presently using webMethods 8.0.1: IS, Broker and MWS, on linux Red Hat Enterprise server.

Currently, anyone who has the right to access the B2B transaction on MWS, can see all incoming EDI transactions.

What I would like to do is set access based on specific custom attribute value on the EDI transaction’s value.

We do receive one EDI transaction type from multiple partners. We have many branches and I would like that each branch can see just their own EDI transaction, meaning the branch can see just the EDI transaction that is equal to their «Division_Id», which is a custom attribute value on the EDI transaction, that I do extract.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can have any choice of having your own custom attribute created and reference it to the particular bizdoc documenttype id or you can just use ISA receiverid (incase you have different ISA/DUNS for each region/division split defined??)

Or if this works Define Instance ID Queries via EDI home page

HTH,
RMG

Hi rmg
thanks for the quick reply,
Actually I forgot to mention that the EDI transaction is an XML.

Ok XML will be more easier to set any custom attribute/look up from the data that any tag/identifiers tied to the region or see if you can use the Receiver id (region it goes downstream) and have restrict it for viewing?

HTH,
RMG

Actually the receiver ID is always the same our company(one profile), but within the XML there is a tag «Division_Id» that is different depending on the branch.
If I understand correctly what you said, you mean to make the division_Id = receiver_Id(create s many profile as Branches) and then restrict access based on that receiver_Id? is that so or am I beside the point.

Thanks a lot

So in your case you cannot depend on Receiver id (unless you are ready for adding many region profiles etc…) …Other option would be you can have lookup from the xmldata/tag (identifier/Account (region wise) and can be used as attribute extraction downstream parsing in your flow and update the attribute (for that bizdoc ie XML)…This way you can have logic for restriction as desired:

HTH,
RMG

Sorry rmg I didn’t get that point, how can I update the attribute as it’s TN that take care of extracting the attribute from the xml.Does that mean I need create a flow service just for that
our suppliers send their EDI using By the way we receive the xml via tha wm.tn:receive.
thanks a lot

What RMG has explained is, add additional custom attributes and update the value of that attribute with Division ID from your code. In this way, you can do a search with the new attribute which will list transactions specific to that division.

HTH
Senthil

Yes Senthil explained it better and you need to extract value from the received TN XML and with in your flow set/update attribute using built in services which updates the bizdoc (which you can see it in the TA attributes section when you click on the transaction and which can be used as search criteria:

HTH,
RMG

Thanks everyone, for the response,
Actually, I’am able to extract those custom attribute and use them as search criteria and view and browse my transaction in MWS (B2B->Transaction) based on those custom attribute. after setting the doc type, I also set the custom attribute. When I receive a an XML and after being recognize properly by TN my processing rule is triggered and my flow service is being invoked.
I’m sorry but I don’t understand how updating my custom attribute will help me in restricting access on users In MWS.
can you please elaborate more.
As far as I found in MWS Documentation In MWS the only B2B data permission set only by partners and/or Document Type
thanks a lot.

“We do receive one EDI transaction type from multiple partners. We have many branches and I would like that each branch can see just their own EDI transaction, meaning the branch can see just the EDI transaction that is equal to their «Division_Id», which is a custom attribute value on the EDI transaction, that I do extract.”

On this basis above we answered it…

But restricting user based on the value in MWS I have not dealt with it yet except based on the role based access:

HTH,
RMG

Sorry RMG,
May be I was not clear enough, I should have mentioned also, that other branch Must not have access to other branch’s transactions.
You’re right role/group access is the only way. So far I’ve created role and assigned access right, but still when browsing the B2B transaction, any branch can see any other branch’s transaction using custom attribute.
I’ll try to give it a shot by creating a document type per Branch and then set restriction en role based on document type.
I’ll keep you posted if it works.
Thanks a lot.

That works: