Sending Flat Files through TN using FTP protocol

Hi All,

I am sending Flat Files through Trading Networks and the protocol being used is FTP. I am able to route the Flat Files from the IS to the TN but the process of posting the files from the TN to a given location (in the partnerprofile/
delivery method) remains pending. It shows the task status as pending under Transaction Analysis.
Please suggest that what should be the format of the location under delivery method if the path given as “C:/ftp/incoming”.
Secondly, how can i name the flat files in my own format before posting the files through TN using FTP protocol.
As per my knowledge, the filename of the file is the internal ID that Trading Networks generates for the doc when TN receives it with dat extension but i need it to be in a particular format as per the business requirement.
Please help me in this.

Thanks n Regards,
Natasha

You can write your own FTP delivery service to send the files to the location of the the Partner’s preferred delivery location and name the filename anything you want. You will be able to better control this using your own customized service.

Thanks ylo…
I hardly have any idea about how to create a customized FTP delivery service to name the filename as i wish.
Could u please suggest the services which has to be used for the same and how i will call that cuatomized service through TN?

The TN documentation has information for creating and registering custom delivery services.

But writing a custom delivery service just to control file naming seems a bit extreme.

“…in a particular format as per the business requirement.”

I bet this isn’t a business requirement per se. Filenames are usually a technical issue, rarely a business issue. I assume the filename is intended to carry some identifier or other attributes. Relaying this information is the business requirement. How it gets relayed is a technical decision not a business “need.” Not trying to say using the filename to relay information is wrong, just saying the filename format isn’t a “business” requirement–viewing things this way may reveal other technical solutions that meet the business requirement yet are easier to implement/maintain/etc.