secure FTP: stack overflow error

Hello,

I would like to ask for help on secure FTP in webMethods 7.1.2 (IS as the FTP client). I can successfully execute a command on the first try (using auth SSL/TLS) but I’m getting a java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:StackOverflowError when trying to execute the same command again. My flow basically looks like this:

sequence (EXIT on SUCCESS)
[INDENT] sequence (EXIT on FAILURE)
[/INDENT][INDENT][INDENT] repeat (retry count set to 3, at 5secs interval)
[/INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][INDENT] invoke pub.client:ftp
[/INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT] sequence (EXIT on DONE)
[/INDENT] In addition to this, I have setup a local FTPS server on my machine, generated a self-signed certificate, and uploaded that to the IS server’s CA Certificate directory. What could be the problem?

Please check the appropriate security jar files are available under the path opt/webMethods/jdk/jdk1.5.0_11/jre/lib/security

it should have the permission to invoke all types of algorithms

thanks

thanks wmentry! I think the security jar files do have the permission. I’m just wondering, why it worked on the first attempt but the succeeding attempts didn’t. And what is probably causing the stack overflow error?

okay…does it clustered environment or a single node only
if it is a clustered environment probably when it is going the node that might have all the required privileges and might not be the other node.

Purpose of jar files: while transmitting confidential data across the different geography locations or locally webMethods make use of encryption and decryption algorithms which are available in the above mentioned JAR files
the jar files should have this constructor
Permission javax.crypto.CryptoAllPermission

Pls check and let me know

pub.client:ftp is calling several other services (login, cd, logout etc.). you may want to debug it through to see in which step it’s having this error. May help you to understand why it fails.

Hi wmentry,

I have checked the default_local.policy and it contains the following:

grant {
permission javax.crypto.CryptoPermission “DES”, 64;
permission javax.crypto.CryptoPermission “DESede”, *;
permission javax.crypto.CryptoPermission “RC2”, 128,
“javax.crypto.spec.RC2ParameterSpec”, 128;
permission javax.crypto.CryptoPermission “RC4”, 128;
permission javax.crypto.CryptoPermission “RC5”, 128,
“javax.crypto.spec.RC5ParameterSpec”, *, 12, *;
permission javax.crypto.CryptoPermission “RSA”, *;
permission javax.crypto.CryptoPermission *, 128;
};

If I change it to permission javax.crypto.CryptoAllPermission, should we need to restart IS?

Sorry, I overlooked the jar files. There are two jar files: local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar. The permission for default_US_export.policy is indeed set to javax.crypto.CryptoAllPermission. Should default_local.policy be also set to that permission?

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with secure FTP in webMethods 7.1.2.
First attempt OK.
All other attemps : Error StackOverflowError

If I want to try a new connexion, I have to restart IS :frowning:

Didd you find a solution ?

Thanks.