Implicit FTPS is not supported

Hello,
When logging into FTP, we sometimes get random errors. This happens about twice a week, and our services log into this FTP several dozen times a day. I have not been able to notice anything from the debugger level. The errors occur when the service is called from a scheduler or by an event. Before logging in, i’ve added the pub.client.ftp:sessioninfo service, but there were no other open connections.
Parameters for service ftp:login
serverhost-host
serverport-21
username-username
password-password
transfertype-passive
secure->auth- None
I’ve already tried to contact the FTP provider, but they said that they can’t see anything in their logs when errors occurred.

Product/components used and version/fix level are you on:

Product Integration Server
Version|10.15.0.0

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log fileL

“error”: “[ISC.0064.9020] Implicit FTPS is not supported”,
“errorType”: “com.wm.net.ftpCException”,
“errorDump”: “com.wm.net.ftpCException:[ISC.0064.9020] Implicit FTPS is not supported”,
“service”: “pub.client.ftp:login”,

I see that there are certain scenarios where the issue has been fixed already, so try installing the latest Core Fix 4 (readme) on a sandbox or lower environment and test if the issue goes away -

PIE-79278 (IS_10.15_Core_Fix3)

The “pub.client:ftp” service throws the “Implicit FTPS is not supported” error
message when an invalid proxy alias is passed in the input, which is incorrect.

This issue is resolved. Now, the service throws “Could not connect to ftp
server”.

PIE-78418 (IS_10.15_Core_Fix1)
The pub.client.ftp:login service throws a NullPointerException while using the
FTPS protocol in the implicit mode.

Implicit FTPS is deprecated and Integration Server does not support the FTPS
protocol in the implicit mode. Hence, the service returns a
NullPointerException.

The issue is now resolved. The NullPointerException is now replaced with the
“Implicit FTPS is not supported.” message.

Observation -

Now, this last snippet above says that implicit FTPS is deprecated and IS does not support FTPS in the implicit mode.

However, since you say you use “FTP”, I assume it’s an incorrect error message, so try installing the latest fix and you should get the actual error message - possibly an intermittent disconnect from the IS (client) side.

KM

2 Likes

Hi Emilian,

in addition to Kasis response:
Can you check with the Admin if they provide a dedicated FTPS port additional to the standard FTP port 21?
You might want to check if you can change the parameter “secure->auth” to TLS or TLS-P.
See IS Built-In-Services Reference for further informations.

For security reasons it might be better to switch to SFTP (based on SSH connection using Port 22) instead of FTPS, but this only works when connecting from IS to FTP server. When you want the FTP server to connect to your IS you might need to provide some sort of NotificationService (i.e. SOAP-WS, REST or some other method) and then retrieve the data with pub.client.sftp:get service in this case.

Regards,
Holger

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.