MFT Server Management FTPS

Hello webMethods experts,

I am new to Active Transfer MFT solution, and i am trying to setup a FTPS on the MFT server management. Since we are asked to specifically use port 24 for the FTPS connection, i have used this port but when i tried to start this, an error saying " (Port 24 is reserved since its below 1024. Authenticate as root to fix)" is showing and i am unable to start this up. Can someone direct me to what i may be missing here? Thanks so much.

Hi,

In UNIX machines, ports below 1024 are reserved and the system does not allow non-root process to use these ports.
You can either create the port at higher port number and then expose port 24 in your load balancer. I believe installing IntegrationServer as root should allow you to use ports less than 1024.

Thanks,
Bhaskar

1 Like

One thing I think might be helpful here is to use a port > 1024 locally and have it mapped on the inbound FW/proxy or what so ever so that port 24 is reachable from outside but is mapped(redirected to your internal local custom port.

Regards,
Holger

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.