FTPES Error! Expected 200 but got 500 Illegal PORT command

Hi,

We are new to the MFT community :smiley: Working from Prague CZ.

We have an issue setting up a FTPES connection where we want to connect wM environment to an external FTPES server.

The connection is established but we are ot able to retrieve the lsit of files from the FTPES server

When we click the button “Test Connection” Active Transfer says that the connection is successful. But then nothing works, it cannot do any file operation, the error is (unfortunately) too short and can mean anything:

The strange thing is: when I click a button “Test Connection” Active Transfer says that connection is success. But then nothing is working, it cannot do any file operation, the error is (unfortunately too short and can mean anything):
FTP Error! Expected 200 but got 500 Illegal PORT command

We have the parameter “mft.ssl.client.acceptAnyCert=true” – which means that certificate from the external system should be accepted by Active Transfer.

Also we are able to put and get files successfully from the OS which shows a problem with the Active Transfer configuration.

Any hint on this issue would be appreciated :wink:

We are also interested on how to set up a FTPES client overall and also if it is possible to get a more detailed message besides “FTP Error! Expected 200 but got 500 Illegal PORT command”

Many Thanks
Laurent

Gents,

I am also facing a very short and similar error which is hard for me to interpret. Any leads to it will be appreciated.

FTP Error! Expected 221 but got 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.

Background: We are trying to move a file from a FTP location to a Linux path and while connecting to Source FTP path we are facing this issue.

Thanks,
Mayank

Experts,

I am also facing same issue.
Able to connect to FTPES via virtual folder test connection but File Copy to FTP is failing with following error:
Error while Copying, Error Connection reset: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Did anyone got any solution for this issue?
If Yes, then please share.

Thanks,
Amit

How large is the file size that is to be copied and does this happens for every transaction or intermittent only?

During that times did you check with your the network team and some times those might be due to hard errors with the connecitivity to that shared FS also.

HTH,
RMG

Thanks RMG for quick reply.

File size is just 1 Kb and this is happening for all file transfers.
None of them has worked till now.

Regarding connectivity, there doesn’t seem to be any issue as FTP transfer is working fine.
Also, connection test on virtual folder is also giving successful connectivity response.
Moreover, able to perform all file operations using winSCP.

Have compared the MFT logs for both FTP and FTPES transfers and can see just after authentication when file transfer is initiated in FTPES, only then connection resets but works fine in case of FTP.

Nothing much from logs (debug, trace) except this error:
"Error while Copying, Error Connection reset: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset "

Thanks,
Amit

At this point, I would suggest raise a ticket with your network/FS team and SAG tech support (MFT side expert) to troubleshoot more on this issue to further diagnose.

HTH,
RMG