Screen doesn't refresh after path execution

Hello

During usual web navigation I need to execute a path to advance to a special screen. I have defined it at the repository, and call it from java with the following code:

GXPathRequest pathRequest = new GXPathRequest(); pathRequest.setPathName(“PATH_NAME”); pathRequest.addInputField(“FIELD_NAME”, “FIELD_VALUE”);
gxContext.getGXSession().executePath(pathRequest);
gxContext.gx_handleHostResponse();

When I look the session with applinx I can see that the path has been executed correctly. However, in firefox, it looks as if nothing had happened.

I suppose that the code is ok, but I have written it in the wrong place and it is having problems with applinx’s lifecycle. I have tried to write it at many methods:onLoad, onUnload, onNewTextField, … but none of them works. Do you know how can I do it?

Thanks in advance

Rafael,
afraid can’t really tell you what is wrong without knowing what exactly were you trying to do. What is your path procedure supposed to be doing and when (on page load? on page unload? on transformation?) and on which ApplinX version.

Tanya

Hello!

I’ve just managed to do it.

What I wanted to do was executing a path that, in case of entering at a banned screen, redirected the user to another screen.

The key point was executing the path before filling the form, so I finally overrided the gx_fillForm method in this way:

@Override
public void gx_fillForm() throws GXGeneralException {
if(screenIsBanned()){
GXPathRequest pathRequest = new GXPathRequest();
pathRequest.setPathName(“PATH_NAME”);
pathRequest.addInputField(“FIELD_NAME”, “FIELD_VALUE”);
getGXSession().executePath(pathRequest);

super.gx_fillForm();				
      gx_handleHostResponse();
 }else{
      super.gx_fillForm();
 }