Saving incoming SOAP requests in WebMethods.io

Hi Team,

Can you please guide me as to how to save/capture incoming SOAP Request in WebMethods.io.

What I have as of now:-

1. A SOAP API endpoint exposed to the outside system. (Say, postman)

2. A Flow Service which will get executed once someone does a POST Request with XML Payload.

3. A Document Type (With a standard structure which will contain all the fields which might come from the external system) as input to the flow service created in Step 2.

What is needed:-

1. A way in my Flow Service which will map/save/capture that incoming xml into some variable/document/file.

2. A Way to map different payloads (in terms of fields) to different document types once something is pushed to wMIO.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Atul,
Do you want to log all the incoming request coming to flow service?

Q1. A way in my Flow Service which will map/save/capture that incoming xml into some variable/document/file.

If I have understood correctly you can receive the message in flow service and then can log it.
if you want to log some particular files the you can also use the log business data functionality to log the fields.

Q2. A Way to map different payloads (in terms of fields) to different document types once something is pushed to wMIO.

As per my understanding if we have created different flow service with different input structure and each flow service has their end points.

So if you hit the flow service endpoints with appropriate request then it is automatically get mapped.

Let me know this answers your questions

Hi Vikash,

Regarding Q1) Of course, we can use log business data functionality. But my question is :- how to save the incoming payload, let’s say to a FTP server as an .xml file as an archive? Do, I have to create that xml file from the input document? Why can’t I simply have the payload which was sent originally?

Another thing is:- While logging the business data, it logs in the form of JSON. But I am receiving .xml file as a payload. What should I do to log as an xml ? Or will it ALWAYS be in .JSON format?

Regarding Q2, you are correct.

Thanks.

Regarding Question1

We need to have input\output to be defined in case of flow service exposed as REST API.
But if we are using the flow service as scheduler, where inside the flow service file is picked from one location and then moved to some other location . We dont need to have input\output get defined.

Question 2
Business data will be logging the data in json format only.
We can use custom log data service to log the data in xml format .

Steps to log the data in xml format

1. Convert the incoming document to xmlstring using documentToString service.
  2. Use custom log Message service to log the XML message

Thanks

Thanks Vikash,

Will try this out .

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.