Logging of SOAP request to and response from Integration Server

Hi All,

I need to log all the requests received at and response sent from webMethods Integration server. For now I am using watt parameters to log all the activities in server.log. But its becoming difficult to manage huge size and accessing it. So is there any other way to log it(Preferably in Database).

Can we use soap handlers(I am yet to explore) in WS-providers for this purpose?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
Niteesh:)

Yes you can store req/resp in database thru the normal custom flow logic (programmatic db inserts).Did you try that route?

But I am not sure how the soap handlers will fit into this:

HTH,
RMG

Thanks for the reply. But its too late for that now, hundreds of services have been developed already and its not feasible. Unfortunately all the doors are closed i guess. :sad:.

Regards,
Niteesh

I found out a workaround for logging the Inbound and outbound webservice request/responses in Integration Server using soap handler. I am planning to publish document with body of request and log it in the database.
But my concern is, by doing this will i face any performance issues in future? Any better idea? Need expert advice in this.

Thanks,
Niteesh

Sounds you have a work around…But there might be some performance issue in case the payload (req/reqsp XML’s) are large or db inserts tuning if required and any changes you need to do some load test metrics with the interface before you deploy this to production…This my comment with out knowing about your full environment and landscape.

Is the logging going to be for all your 100’s of interfaces you are taking about and so a generic change?

HTH,
RMG

Yes, I do take care of those. It will be a generic service which logs and used as soap handler for all the WS-providers.

Regards,
Niteesh

Please keep the forum with the updates!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.