SAP Adapter Mapping Alignmnet Issue

Hi Team,

I am facing a weird issue. I am mapping an IDOC segment in the MATMAS05 idoc. All the mappings are correctly done. However at runtime , the order of the fields in the IDOC is getting jumbled up and as a result when I am converting the IData to IDOC some of the fields which are out of alignment are getting omitted. Now how the fields are going to get mapped during runtime that I cannot control , hence what is the solution to this issue. Its a very weird issue , nothing is wrongly done yet fields are getting missed.

Regards
Abir

Hi Abir,

Are you using referenced document types for mappings fields?

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

Hi Syed,

Yes I am using referenced document type for mapping fields. Then appending to parent segment.

Regards
Abir

What is wM Version and its fix level?

Also, Do you mean the values in IDOC is getting jumbled? How are you creating IDOC? Are you using any internal services when receiving the document from SAP system?

Are you seeing any pattern in jumbled values i.e. result structure is constant for multiple runs but its different from defined referenced document type structure ?

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

Hi Syed,

The version is 9.5.1.0 and the fix level is IS_9.5_SP1_Core_Fix14.

What I meant to say was , at run time , the segment fields are getting mapped in random order. For example , the fields are in following order,

OBTAB OBJEK KLART MAFID OBJECT_TABLE

but at run time it is getting mapped like,

OBTAB KLART MAFID OBJECT_TABLE OBJEK

Hence while the IData is getting converted to IDOC using “pub.sap.idoc:documentToIdoc” , the field OBJEK is getting omitted.

This is happening for random fields , sometimes OBJEK , sometimes the other fields.

Regards
Abir Banerjee

Strange :slight_smile:

Have you applied SAP adapter fix as well (as you are using SAP Built-in service)?
Try to use pipeline variable substitution option and check if the issue gets resolved.

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

Hi,

latest SAP Fix is Fix17.

What is your JCo and IDoc Driver version?

Latest is JCo 3.0.16 and IDoc 3.0.12 available from SAP Marketplace.

Might be a JCo issue.

Regards,
Holger