S3 provider connection issue

Hi All,

I am trying the S3 provider for cloudstream but getting below error when using ‘getBucket’ or any operation:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

ERROR_INVOKING_CLOUD_SERVICE: Transport sender error. Details: An IO or timeout exception is encountered for invoke ‘GET’ method for connection alias ‘auCloudStreamConnections.aws:s3connection’. Check the network connectivity/proxy setting. Details: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

I am running WM 9.10 and it supports TLS v1.2 so I am not sure why I am not able to connect.
Any pointers?

S3 provider version: 2006-03-01

Regards,

Hi Rohit,

While connecting to the S3 service, you may not be sending a TLS v1.2 request, probably due to which the server is closing the connection.

Have you turned on the TLS configuration at IS level using the watt property?
watt.net.ssl.client.useJSSE=true

Once you put in this property and restart your IS, your service requests will attempt to make a TLS v1.2 connection.
After that, if you still see some problems, especially with certificates, you may have need to configure a trust store for the S3 backend with their certificates. You can refer to CloudStreams and connector documentation for more details.

You can apply latest fixes, go through the fix readmes and try above mentioned watt property and see what response you get.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. That property is already set, actually it appears to be a proxy issue.
We opened the firewall direct to amazon, and it seems to be working fine. Thanks again for your time to reply this.

Regards,

Yes, for such connections, at times, proxies have to be aware of TLS and handle those certificates.
In case you still need trust stores for any backend, you can refer to CloudStreams documentation.
Thanks