Restore after Terminal set Uppercase

Six week noob asks:
I need to set the terminal to Uppercase mode in a fetched (return) routine and at the end of the routine restore to whatever the keyboard was set to prior.

If you could briefly address saving and restoring online environment settings in general or give me a link to the documentation, I would be very appreciative …

There is a routine in SYSEXT called USR1002N that will save and restore some of the session parameters including %L and %U. I’ve never used it myself, but it appears to do what you want.

SYSEXT has all sorts of routines like this, just enter SYSEXT on the command line and it will take you to a menu of all of them with documentation and programming examples.

Edit: Oh, you’ll want to move USR1002N into the SYSTEM library or steplib yours to SYSEXT to make it work.

Thanks, Daniel. However, it appears I have no access to that library; maybe the library is an extra price addition.

Anyone has code to accomplish same …

Edit: I take that back … looking at library SYSEXT now …

I used subroutine ‘USR1002N’ and it worked fine. Thanks, Daniel. However, I notice that other subroutines are using subroutine ‘CDENVIR’ apparently for the same purpose - saving and restoring session parameters/environment. I wasn’t able to list the code for ‘USR1002N’ to do a comparison. Can anyone tell me what the differences are -in effects- between these two subroutines ?

Thanks so much for your help …

CDENVIR is Construct’s front-end to Natural’s USR1002N.

Thanks, Ralph …