Inline program in VSE batch

We use Natural for VSE and I’m trying to run a program in batch using source code included in the JCL. I’ve seen this before at a previous job but the admin here isn’t familiar with it and I’m having no luck doing it on my own. Here is a sample of the JCL I’m using.

// EXEC NATBATCH,SIZE=(AUTO,64K),PARM='SYSRDR' DATA
DBID=240,MT=0,INTENS=1,TD=AUTO
/*
ADARUN DATABASE=240 *DOC ADARUN DATABASE 240 ON 3390 USING SVC 45
ADARUN DEVICE=3390
ADARUN SVC=45
ADARUN HEX04=MADABHX4
/*
LOGON BOOKLIB
EDIT
WRITE (1) 'TEST'
END
%/
RUN

I’ve been able to get the job to run by putting an erroneous line command where the “%/” is now, which abends the editor. I was hoping to be able to exit the editor more gracefully, though.

I’ve been working with Natural for twelve years now, so I’m kind of embarassed to have to ask this kind of question. Hopefully someone can help me with answer quickly.

Would a period (‘.’) work there? I seem to remember this, but it is a vague memory, and it could be wrong… :?

Thanks for the reply. I thought a period would work but no such luck. I also tried “…”, “%.”, “%%”, “QUIT”, “EXIT” and “DONE”. (Obviously, I was stretching there.)

OK, rookie. :smiley: You exit the editor with

.E

Then you can RUN, SAve, etc.

Thanks Ralph! It’s amazing the things a person might not know after working with a language for so long. I need to get out of the online environment more often.