REST connectors : The provided host name is not valid

Hi everyone,

I tried to create a REST connector (Project > connectors > REST) in Wm.io with a Wm on-premise API endpoint, but I get the error :

The provided host name is not valid. Provide a valid host name and then proceed.

I verified the url by a postman request and also by a navigator request and it works but not in Wm.io.
Does anyone have an idea?

Regards

Hello Tahiri,

Is it possible to share the endpoint ?

Regards,
Bharath

Hello @Bharath_Meka1,

It’s a company’s private API so I can’t share it, but I can give some spécifications :
https://domainName:5543/rad/packageName:apiName/
This API is generated from an OpenApi specification in Wm on-premise.

Regards

Hello Tahiri,

If I am understanding your requirement correctly, you are trying to generate connector APIs for an OpenAPI provider running on On-Premise Integration Server.

If that is the case, providing endpoint URL may not work. You may have to try providing the location of the yaml/json of the Open API document. This location may on file system or the web url of endpoint appended with “?open.json” or “?openapi.yaml”

Regards

Hello @suke,

Thanks for your response. I tried by adding ?openapi.yaml and ?openapi.json and still not working. The url is working and I get the yaml file by adding ?openapi.yaml but I still get the same error in webMethods.

Regards
Anass

The REST connector in webMethods.io will route out over the public internet.

Is the REST API you’re creating on premise exposed externally?

if not this will not work as wm.io integration will not be able to reach that API.
Also when you verify via postman/navigator those will be on the same network.

If you do believe it is exposed external - do you have firewalls/etc that prevent inbound access, that the webMethods.io addresses won’t be added to?

Just to add… if you connect your on premise IS to the cloud tenant (via the IS Admin console) you can publish a connector in your tenant for a particular Flow/Java Service in your on-premise IS, and have this run via hybrid integration. It’ll route via a reply to the established connection, which typically has much less security challenges unless you’ve got an outbound proxy/firewall that might also restrict endpoints.

In the workflow / flow service in the cloud, you’ll see a connector with the name you published the connector as - you can use this in any workflow/flow service, and mix it with other cloud connectors/etc. When it reaches this particular hybrid connector, it’ll run the integration on your on-premise IS, sending the mapped data from the cloud, and returning the data back into the cloud integration.
See documentation here: Hybrid Integration - webMethods.io Integration

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.