Removing ino:id from Tamino XML response

I am currently storing an XML document that can’t be altered in anyway. Is there a way in Tamino to remove the ino:id from the response document without using a third party parser?

Can Tamino store and retrieve a document without altering it in anyway?

Thanks,

Brian Garner
Advisory Systems Engineer, Softtware AG Canada
416.364.1133 x.261 office

Hi Brian,

Your choice of forum to raise this question is interesting and I will come back to that in a minute. Let me try and answer your question generally first of all.

The ino:id is needed so that documents can be modified. Without the ino:id, Tamino will insert the document.

Documents can be retrieved from Tamino without the ino:response document and the ino:id as well by requesting the document directly, e.g http://localhost/tamino/mydb/coll/doctype/@1
But of course here you either need to know the ino:id or associate every document with a name in which case you can retrieve it by name, e.g
http://localhost/tamino/mydb/coll/doctype/name.xml

As to the question as whether or not can documents be stored and retrieved without modifying it in any way : what do you really mean? Tamino stores the document pretty much “as is” but its been discussed in other threads that Tamino does change the document. The only ‘change’ I know about is empty tags, e.g becomes - but we can argue for and againest as to whether or not these are identical or not. IMO they are identical : they both represent an empty tag.

You choose the Tamino API for Java Forum for this question, so I ask : is this being used? If so you can simply remove the ino:id as part of the process of retrieving documents using DOM (for example) methods to do so.

best regards, Stuart

Thanks for the information Stuart.

The reason that I ask, is that I am creating a demo using a partner software called PureEdge. There product allows you to create Electronic forms. Their backend is all XML. While I managed to store their schema and an XML file in Tamino, when I retrieve it using the Java API, I am able to get rid of the ino:response, but not the ino:id. The PureEdge product still works however. The big problem is that they support Electronic Signatures such as PKI. It encrypts the XML with an Electronic signature. When I retrieve the document from Tamino, it fails because the document has been modified (ino:id inserted). If I use DOM to remove the ino:id, it isn’t elegant and the client doesn’t like the fact that we have to break the document into Elements, then reconstruct it once the ino:id is removed. If there was a way to get Tamino to remove the id before it was sent back to the browser without using jdom or dom, they would rather that option.

Thanks,

Brian Garner
Advisory Systems Engineer, Softtware AG Canada
416.364.1133 x.261 office