Reg webMethods installer

Hello,

I want to install an IS and Activetransfer gateway/server with installer. Once the installation is completed I want to see one dedicated IS for MFT in addition to the other IS(default) under IntegrationServer/profiles. How do I achieve this?

Hi Venkat,

Installer will automatically create the default instance with all packages available which have been selected from the product list for installation.

When you require an additional instance you can create it by using a command line script.

See IS Administrators Guide for details about how to create additional instances from a single installation.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Thank you Holger, is it possible to use the same installation directory for the other instance too? The goal is to have 2 ISs under profiles: dedicated to active transfer(IS_MFT) and IS(IS_default). So for this, it needs to be under the same installation directory right?

Hi Venkat,

this is possible since wM 9.6.
But only the default instance will be created automatically during the installation by installer.
You will have to create the dedicated MFT instance manually by running the is_instance.{bat|sh} script which can be found under IntegrationServer/instances.

A complete description of the syntax for using this script can be found in IS Administrators Guide.

Remember, that when you host several instances in one installation directory, that during the application of Fixes with UpdateManager only the central repository under IntegrationServer/packages and the packages in the default instance will updated. You will have to update the additional instances manually by using the is_instance script.
When applying Fixes with common parts like TPP, TPS, DDJ et al. all instances in one installation directory should be stopped beforehand.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Thank you Holger, it helps a lot.

I successfully installed an additional instance using the is_instance.sh script, thank you. I want to install active transfer server on the newly created using is_instance. How do I proceed to install active transfer server the same way without using the installer ?

Hi Venkat,

use the is_instance.sh script in update mode for the new instance and specify the package WmMFT for installation.

The correct syntax should be listed in the IS Administrators Guide.

Regards,
Holger

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.